Very surprised!
By Christopher on
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)
Took a look at the new F250 King Ranch and was wow'd by smooth leather and exterior design. Was turned off though by the interior setup. Engine had a horrible setup and high turbo squeal as well. The GMC SLT has supple and comfortable seats, but the leather isn't as soft as the Ford KR. The look and feel of everything is great though. There aren't many cheap 'looking' parts. The setup inside and out were well thought of. Also, the Duramax and Allison are tried and true. 4X4 works great and is rather easy to jump in and out of. The power is equal to the previous years model. I say this because a lot of talk is going on regarding the EPA constrictions. Great purchase!
Favorite Features
Duramax engine and Allison transmission. I also enjoy the seats and arm rests. The rear seating is tight, but manageable in the Ext Cab. Flipping the back seats can be done one handed. Also, I really enjoy the simple but refined setup of all the controls on the dash.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see possibly cooled seats as well as heated. The camper mirrors should really be powered in regards to moving out and in. I would also like to see a telescopic steering wheel. I can't think of much else as I've only had it for 400 miles.