2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Consumer Review: The good, the bad and the ugly

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD - Consumer Review

SLE2 Crew Cab Pickup (6.0L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

The good, the bad and the ugly
By carlotat on

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

The GMC is a replacement for my stolen '03 Ford F-250 Powerstroke. I bought the GMC Sierra on the recommendations of others who had purchased it, against my better judgment. The Sierra has some nice features, particularly the interior arrangement. Everything is within easy reach and well laid out. The Duramax and Allison are a great duo, and can easily haul my horse trailer up any hill with ease. My biggest problem with the Sierra is the puny O.E. Bridgestone tires. Why GMC chose to put highway tires on a HD truck is beyond me, but after slipping and sliding my way through a snowy and muddy New Mexico winter, and with only 6200 miles on the tires, I replaced them with Michelin M/S. Huge difference.

Favorite Features

The back seats fold down for an incredible amount of room for either my 2 German Shepherds, groceries, horse feed or whatever. The Duramax is great. Lots of power and quick acceleration making it a great towing truck.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior design needs updating. It is seriously ugly. The low profile seems very dated, and clearly GMC has not kept up with the others in style. Put the correct tires on a HD truck! Needs hand grips on the driver's side-a serious omission. Redesign seats to include lumbar support.