2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Consumer Review: 2500HD

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD - Consumer Review

Work Truck Regular Cab Pickup (6.0L V8 6-speed Automatic 8.2 ft. Bed)

2500HD
By 2500HD on

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

At first I didn't like the styling, because it looks like a Ford. I chose the 6L gasoline engine in the 2500HD to avoid active fuel management in the 5.3L engine. With only occasional towing, the gasoline motor is a good choice for acceleration with less maintainence. The gas mileage is only slightly worse than I am used to with my Jeep Wrangler. The brakes are really powerful once broken in. Comfort on the open road is great. I bought the vehicle on the internet at great price, but it came without cruise control. I asked the local dealer if he could add it and they said "no". On my Wrangler, it was no problem because the wiring is already there, but GM doesn't do this.

The brakes are real treat after my Jeep Wrangler, which had underpowered brakes and front rotors that warped consistently. The truck gets a lot of looks.

Perhaps it is GM's policy to prevent upgrading items like cruise control and fog lamps - but for customers like me who buy a unit off the lot, I would pay a reasonable price to get the factory equipment installed by my local dealer.