2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Consumer Reviews 2

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500HD model:
GMC Duramax
By glenn helms on 12/16/07 18:42 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my GMC a few weeks ago so far so good. I had a Ford F-350 powerstroke with 7.3. The GMC is small in the inside compared to the Ford. The GMC has a lot better fuel mileage but seems to be too light to handle heavy trailers. It's not short of power it will smoke my Ford easily. My biggest complaint is lack of interior room. GM still needs to do their homework on that. The quality is not matched by Ford or Dodge in the interior and standard accessories, but I think Ford is heavier duty than GM for all out abuse on the farm or on construction sites. In about a year i can tell the truth because I know Ford can hold up. Curious to see if GMC can.

2007 GMC
By Ken on 11/05/07 15:41 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck! The Duramax towed my 31ft Airstream on a 5000 mile trip without any problems. The truck was very stable and had lots of power to spare in all situations. Gas mileage was around 12.5 mpg towing and 17 alone. I hope for better mileage after the diesel gets broken in. I expected at least some problem to show up on the brand new truck but am pleased to say everything is working perfectly.

Love it
By DM on 08/06/07 15:32 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

One of the best trucks I've owned. Was looking at another brand until someone told me how good the fuel mileage was with this truck. Somewhere around 18 to 20 mpg highway driving. The 6.6 Duramax diesel/6speed Allision trans is one awesome drive train. Plenty of power to spare. Shifting is very smooth. Interior comfort is excellent. The dual zone auto temp. control, leather power bucket seats keeps comfort at the front in this vehicle.I would highly recommend this truck to anyone wanting muscle and comfort.

GMC 2500 HD
By freedomrules3 on 07/22/07 20:16 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I really like the bigger roomier cab on this truck. It tows my camper with ease and has lots of power to spare in the 6.0L engine. I do wish it got just a little better gas mileage but with power comes consumption. I would buy it again I like it so much.

2007 Sierra 2500HD
By Jim on 06/28/07 11:13 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is by far the best combination of utility, comfort, and performance I have experienced. I love the truck and highly recommend it to anyone in the market for a new pickup.

Awesome 2500 HD
By Eric on 06/27/07 20:28 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Was driving a 2006 2500 HD SLT and loved it. Just traded and picked up my 2007 2500 HD SLT. Wow, what a huge change. Feels like I am driving a luxury large SUV. Totally updated inside and out. Inside much better and up to date. Quiet ride. Feels larger than 2006 when driving. Smooth. Recommend this one!

Awesome
By Paul on 06/04/07 19:21 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE2 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in Ford, Bought the new 2500HD. The first thing I noticed was the awesome interior, The stock 6.0 with the auto 6 speed was next to put a grin on my face, the big block power out of that little motor is amazing. I say to all who are interested, The new GMC Sierra is an awesome truck, with plenty of power to do what ever you would like!

The good, the bad and the ugly
By carlotat on 05/03/07 07:08 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

The GMC is a replacement for my stolen '03 Ford F-250 Powerstroke. I bought the GMC Sierra on the recommendations of others who had purchased it, against my better judgment. The Sierra has some nice features, particularly the interior arrangement. Everything is within easy reach and well laid out. The Duramax and Allison are a great duo, and can easily haul my horse trailer up any hill with ease. My biggest problem with the Sierra is the puny O.E. Bridgestone tires. Why GMC chose to put highway tires on a HD truck is beyond me, but after slipping and sliding my way through a snowy and muddy New Mexico winter, and with only 6200 miles on the tires, I replaced them with Michelin M/S. Huge difference.

Very surprised!
By Christopher on 03/20/07 07:04 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Took a look at the new F250 King Ranch and was wow'd by smooth leather and exterior design. Was turned off though by the interior setup. Engine had a horrible setup and high turbo squeal as well. The GMC SLT has supple and comfortable seats, but the leather isn't as soft as the Ford KR. The look and feel of everything is great though. There aren't many cheap 'looking' parts. The setup inside and out were well thought of. Also, the Duramax and Allison are tried and true. 4X4 works great and is rather easy to jump in and out of. The power is equal to the previous years model. I say this because a lot of talk is going on regarding the EPA constrictions. Great purchase!