Used 2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Gmc Sierra-2500hd - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500HD model:

Love my Duramax!
By dozergirl11

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck with over 100k miles on it, but was obviously well taken care of, as it is now. I have pulled several trailers already that stretch the written towing capabilities, but she has pulled them all just fine with no squatting, and the tow/haul option does really well even with the larger trailers If I was going to buy a truck again, I'd buy the same one. The SLE2 is nice inside and out, with my favorite part of the exterior being the cab lights. They just make the truck look sharp!

Favorite Features

The power in the truck is fantastic, and the Allison shifts it smoothly, and fast enough to keep up with/ put in the dust anything on the road.

Suggested Improvements

Larger than 16" wheels. I'm throwing 20's under it as soon as I get the money.

The Best I've Seen
By MOC

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have put 70,000 miles on this truck, and it is by far one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Any negatives I have seen on here were in reference to the SLE interiors or the Gas Engine and its transmission. The truck handles very well and can pull anything you can imagine. The 6.6L Diesel and its transmission get excellent mileage for a truck this size. I get 22mpg on a 55mph highway and 19mpg on 70mph highway. City mileage is around 14mpg(with lots of stoplights). I don't think you could find a quieter diesel thats more comfortable, more powerful, and tougher than this truck. The seats do have good lumbar support in the SLT package. I really highly recommend this truck.

Favorite Features

6.6L Diesel V8, Allison Transmission, interior, comfort, build quality, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Headrests on front seats slant forward when all the way back... I don't know if they have changed this but they should.

Duramax Rules
By mARK

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck so much! more quiet then a Dodge or Ford Diesel. This truck could pull a battleship with it's strong Allison transmission!

Favorite Features

Allison tranny, nice cab design,quiet engine for a diesel!

Suggested Improvements

Bigger fuel tank,taller tires(stock) not much more GMC could add to this great truck!

Very Powerful. Very Comfortable
By Dennymax

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have been driving my truck for about a year & a half. I was excited at first because it was new. Now I am still excited! The Duramax/Allison is a just a great design. There is so much power for towing. This truck should come with a warning light reminding you that a trailer is attached because you will forget that it's there! No more "white knuckle" driving while towing, built in brake controller works really well. This is just flat out awesome! The seats are like flying 1st class, interior is much improved. SLT has all the goodies, more like a luxury car, except it's a truck. Why have a car anymore?

Favorite Features

Comfort. And it's quiet. Fuel economy. Towing. Power.

Suggested Improvements

Driver side grab bar, ladder system to get into the truck bed (like the Ford) & motorized mirrors, or lowered mirrors for better visability out the sides/doorposts.

2007 GMC
By Ken

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck! The Duramax towed my 31ft Airstream on a 5000 mile trip without any problems. The truck was very stable and had lots of power to spare in all situations. Gas mileage was around 12.5 mpg towing and 17 alone. I hope for better mileage after the diesel gets broken in. I expected at least some problem to show up on the brand new truck but am pleased to say everything is working perfectly.

Favorite Features

Power of the Duramax and the Allison transmission - perfect for towing.

Suggested Improvements

The one bad feature in my view is that the 2500 crew cab with short box only comes with a 26 gallon fuel tank. Not nearly enough fuel capacity for a big truck with a diesel engine especially when towing.