Used 2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500HD model:

Love my Duramax!
By dozergirl11

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck with over 100k miles on it, but was obviously well taken care of, as it is now. I have pulled several trailers already that stretch the written towing capabilities, but she has pulled them all just fine with no squatting, and the tow/haul option does really well even with the larger trailers If I was going to buy a truck again, I'd buy the same one. The SLE2 is nice inside and out, with my favorite part of the exterior being the cab lights. They just make the truck look sharp!

The power in the truck is fantastic, and the Allison shifts it smoothly, and fast enough to keep up with/ put in the dust anything on the road.

Larger than 16" wheels. I'm throwing 20's under it as soon as I get the money.

Work Truck Z82 Priceless
By rendog

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Best truck for the buck. 98% of this truck life has been pulling a 3.5ton trailer on the hills of western PA. Its like an old hound dog ready to work. Its powerful and comfortable for the wife and kids. Handles like a long Camaro. I get about 18.8mpg @ 72mph and about 13 combined when towing. Rented a diesel but it has too much torque for stop & go. Get props every time I stop for its true work look. Only 2 problems, TPMS and an exhaust gasket failed.

Tap the brake feature in tow mode which drops a gear on hills. Raw power.

The 2 glove boxes configuration does not accommodate much not even the owners manual & I wish they would use a thicker sheet metal on the bed. Not enough curves for added strength.

The Best I've Seen
By MOC

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have put 70,000 miles on this truck, and it is by far one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Any negatives I have seen on here were in reference to the SLE interiors or the Gas Engine and its transmission. The truck handles very well and can pull anything you can imagine. The 6.6L Diesel and its transmission get excellent mileage for a truck this size. I get 22mpg on a 55mph highway and 19mpg on 70mph highway. City mileage is around 14mpg(with lots of stoplights). I don't think you could find a quieter diesel thats more comfortable, more powerful, and tougher than this truck. The seats do have good lumbar support in the SLT package. I really highly recommend this truck.

6.6L Diesel V8, Allison Transmission, interior, comfort, build quality, reliability

Headrests on front seats slant forward when all the way back... I don't know if they have changed this but they should.

GM has lowered its standards!
By RPS Inc.

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has wasted tons of my time and hard earned money. It seems the only things that have not failed yet are the engine/tranny. I also own a 2002 of the same model that I find to be 100X better quality. These are just a fraction of my complaints/problems I have dealt with on my 2007 sierra 2500hd (these issues surfaces with under 40k on unit)>>Exhaust failure, idler/pitman arm failure, hvac problems, bad factory rim, leaking oil/tranny cooler lines, cruise control works when it wants to, thin flimsy body panels, 4wd disengagement issues, tailgate handle failure, bad airbag wiring harness, door hinge failure......I have always considered GM the best that the USA can offer..Not anymore!

Floor mats(not oem)

Hire new engineers/quit trying to cut corners with sub-par materials.

Duramax Rules
By mARK

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck so much! more quiet then a Dodge or Ford Diesel. This truck could pull a battleship with it's strong Allison transmission!

Allison tranny, nice cab design,quiet engine for a diesel!

Bigger fuel tank,taller tires(stock) not much more GMC could add to this great truck!