2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500HD model:
2006 2500HD Duramax
By Jlaw on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SL1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

2nd Duramax, had a 2002. Good truck still original brakes at 56k miles. Interior has held up well, get the leather if possible. Engine and trans bullet proof. I tow 10,000 lb camper and boats at 70 MPH all the way to Florida from Texas. Debating going back to gas engine do not tow as much these days. Great truck overall.

2500HD crew cab, SB with 8.1 v-8
By happy GMC owner on 10/29/09 13:56 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Nice truck overall. Really get's the job done. Best tow vehicle I've ever owned. 8.1 V8 has plenty of torque. Get's better mileage than 454's I've owned previously.

Excellent family recreation truck
By irideharley on 06/29/09 15:22 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Was considering the Dodge Cummins for it's tough reputation but couldn't swallow the tight back seat for a growing family. A friend had the Chevy Duramax and I haven't looked back since. The GMC Duramax and 6 speed Allison tranny are incredible. Quiet ride, plenty of room in the back seat, power a plenty to pull the bass boat with a camper on top. With or without a load, city and hgwy driving we still average 18 mpg, and at least temporarily diesel is cheaper than unleaded in my neck of the woods. Absolutely no buyers remorse with this truck. Two thumbs up all around.

2500HD Duramax
By Tim on 02/28/09 16:48 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The GMC HD Duramax is by far the best diesels you can buy on the market. I recently compared the duramax to other cummins and powerstroke diesels and it out performs them from towing to payload to the comfortablility of the ride. I recently compared the duramax 2500HD to the Ford f-450 and I compared everything and the thing that stood out to me was that the GMC maxed out at 16000 pounds and the Ford pulled only 14000 and the ford was twice its size and still the duramax was the best. So weather you are a ford, GMC, or Dodge guy duramax is the diesel to buy.

Wanting just a bit more
By Steve on 07/31/07 06:28 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I use this for trailering, hauling wood, pulling trees, hunting and fishing trips, and occassional weekend trips with the wife and friends. Most everyone loves the truck and the way it looks. I love the 4x4 rear end as it takes me nearly anywhere. Plenty of power, plenty of leg room, and I like the visibility (less blind spots than my '97). I'm not afriad to take it anywhere. I have been in 10" of new snow and on muddy paths in the woods and it just goes. The AC is great and the warms up fast in the winter. I get about 12-13 mpg in town, and 15 on the highway. It does a good job driving with a cross wind. It looks like a truck that is designed to work - not pretty, but tough.

Not your grandfather's diesel.
By Paul Connell on 12/16/06 16:50 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Replaced my 2001 8.2 L Silverado HD crew cab with this truck. Basically the same vehicle, but with a 6-speed Allison tranny and a Duramax diesel. Compared to the older truck, it has a little better build quality, (not quite up to Japanese standards, but very good--not enough to really matter) vigorous acceleration, and incredible torque. Diesel is surprisingly quiet, and GM is less "trucky," compared to Dodge and Ford. Mileage averages around 16-19 mpg, with 12 mpg towing a 35ft. 5th wheel. Rugged enough for big truck jobs, but civilized enough to use as an everyday vehicle. Nice balance. Reliable, handsome. Quantum improvement over diesels even from a few years back.

2006 GMC reveiw
By John on 10/08/06 19:59 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been everything and more than I expected. I tow a 27 foot camper and it pulls it with ease. Driving this GMC truck is a pure pleasure. Rides as good, if not better than, my Chevy Tahoe.

GMC Duramax 2500HD SLT
By alybry4 on 07/11/06 20:03 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Looked a long time for a new truck and this one was the best. The Dodge MegaCab has a larger interior but the GMC has nicer creature comforts. Tremendous acceleration and quiet ride. I got the rear seat entertainment package with the DVD and the kids are having a great time.

GMC Duramax 360HP w/6 speed Allison
By Charles Kendrick on 06/03/06 08:40 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The new Duramax engine is better than I hoped for. It has tremendous acceleration, quieter than ever and reminds one of a sports car. The 6 speed Allison has smoothed the shifting much better than the 5 speed Allison. Cruising at high speeds is unbelievable for a heavy duty truck. This is my third Duramax 4WD 2500HD and they keep getting better.

It works
By Darryl Clapp on 05/13/06 06:09 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have bought GMC or Chevy my entire life excpet for 2 Fords I bought that were cheaply made, broke down with either engine or A/C problems. The Fords were cheaper with certain truck models but with the truck workmanship and problems with dealers fixing warranted items. I stayed or went back to GMC. The 2500 H/D 4WD Crew Cab I bought is the best GMC or Chevy had to offer. They are over priced but working with the right dealer you might find one you can live with.Some of the Dodges looked nice, but the way they are priced and the overall sales depts over the country are not customer friendly, nor will they work with you on the price.Its thier price or you walk out. Forgien trucks or just that .

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.