Opinion on recent Used purchase 6.6 Duramax
By randy012796 on
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
Just bought this truck from my neighbor. 58,000 miles on a 8 year old truck. It is box stock and clean. I cleaned it up even more. I have never owned a diesel before or a GMC. This diesel is Awesome! GMC has a slightly better finish than the Silverado I sold. We tow a 33ft Keystone Ultra lite camper that's 6,800lbs like a dream. There all expensive and I don't know why the comman man would spend the money on a new one. Enjoy shopping and go clean used. Some mods in the future, good deals out there on used perf. parts
Favorite Features
Duramax/Allison is just Awesome! Can't imagine needing anything bigger. The Allison Trans is great going up or down hills. This is a dream ride with our camper behind it. My wife loves the ride. Heated leather seats, Bose stereo. First class in a 2005 SLT 2500 HD Duramax. Clean older trucks never die, they just get more attention.
Suggested Improvements
Duramax/Allison is fine box stock. This is what I will be considering: mild tuner, high flow air filter in stock box, LBZ turbo inlet tube, 4 inch exhaust, sulastic shackles to smooth bumps. (No hurry on any of this) This truck is a true performer with just a few minor (cheap) add ons that won't hurt the truck.