Used 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500HD model:

Duramax Diesel Love IT
By Jim Bewley

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the Duramax Diesel 2500 HD and I absolutely love this truck. I wouldn't trade it for any vehicle in the world. It pulls my 30 1990 very heavy camper like a dream, even in the mountains. I can't say enough positive about this truck.

The Duramax Diesel engine along with the Allison transmission.

GMC 2500 hd
By eheahey

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Good reliable truck. poor interior design for room (my 2003 was much better) 1st bose radio I have ever had that was worth the money. Satellite radio very dissapointing.

Great ride for a 3/4 ton truck. great heated seats.

Go back to the 6 pack radio, much easier to operate for man fingers. Go back to the large box between the seats. not enough use of interior room. How about some real leather seats, not the vinal coated leather ones it comes with which are like a K Mart leather coat.

Excellent truck for me.
By William M. Lynch

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is by far, one of the best, if not the best truck I've ever purchased or driven. The interior (seats) are a little stiff (leather), but not an issue overall. The gas mileage is a little rough, but hey...I knew that going into the purchase. I love my truck!!!

The design! I (Personally) just can't find a better looking vehicle, overall. It's lines and beefy looking design are absolutely beautiful.

If anything...possibly the leather (softness) and of course the gas mileage

Great Truck
By Keith

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I drove them all. GMC still offers the 'work truck' and although it might be too spartan for some, I found it to be the right balance of form and function. Also, if price is an object (isn't it always)this baby rocks. I use my trucks like, well, trucks. And if I had had to spend $40,000+ on something else, I might be guilty of babying my truck. Then why by a truck? I had a bedliner sprayed in, and now it sees full duty as my primary working, boat pulling, camping, wheeling vehicle. Fit and finish are very nice. Plenty of power with the 6.0L. Even the cloth 'bench' seats are comfy.

6.0 liter V8-lots of power, great torque curve. Good sight lines over the hood. Great visibility all around the truck. Comfy seats and great leg room(I'm 6'4"). Very easy to handle even on less than perfect road conditions. Engine hour meter

Coil-overs up front

Great
By greg

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had several of the old classic 2500 4WDs and this one is by far the best truck I have ever owned. The styling is so much nicer than Chevy. Only one little problem with the transmission so far. All my previous GMCs spent a lot of time in the shop for warranty work, but not this one! Build quality seems so much better now.

Great styling, good build quality and plenty of power and payload capacities.

Need to offer a 3.73 rear end for those concerned with better gas mileage. This truck drinks fuel!