2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500HD model:
GMC Sierra 2500HD
By Stew on 02/02/05 21:13 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have always wanted to own a new vehicle so last fall I decided to purchase my all time favorite vehicle, the GMC Sierra. I bought it over the internet because I knew what I wanted, I picked up the vehicle and drove it home. I was amazed at the lack of HP and gas mileage. Since this was my first new vehicle I didn't know all about the break in process. It took 2 weeks for the HP to show up and the fuel economy to increase. In the meantime I was entertained by the XM Radio that will be an option in every vehicle I purchase from now on. The interior of GM vehicles still have the working man's look to it, but it is hiding an amazing array of features.

Pleasantly Surprised
By K on 12/29/04 22:59 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Duramax diesel showing 22 to 23 mpg on highway. Very smooth shifting with Allison transmission (even under load). Ride is a little stiff, but expected with 2500HD. Truck is extremely capable.

2500 HD GMC
By Enymoose on 11/16/04 09:37 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I highly recommend this version of the GMC to those who do not mind a stiff ride that will pull anything a truck is supposed to pull. The 6.0 engine coupled with the 4.10 rearends give it enough power to pull a house off of it's foundation if you wanted to put it to that type of test. I put it to the test using the 4X4 at Ft. Fisher, NC in sand that others were getting stuck up in and had no problems once I dropped the air pressure down to 20 lbs per tire from the origional 60. The fishing was great also. I've had 9 other 4X4's, between Ford and Chevy's and this GMC is by far the

One Sweet Truck!
By Scott Stanley on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a wonderful truck. It rides so smooth you think you are in a Cadillac. This is the second GMC I have owned and I dont think that I would own any other truck!

Great work truck
By alconst1 on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck as well as the past 3 Gmc trucks this truck is very comfortable and reliable. we have had even a Ford mechanic admit that the quality of gmc far exceeds Ford.