Used 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500HD model:

Keep Looking
By Ken

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have the Duramax/Allison combination. It is a very sloppy running engine. Sloppy in that it is not efficient at burning the $3 plus/gallon fuel it takes to run her. She smokes and run your finger on the inside of the tailpipe and you'll see what I mean. My guess is that in the hoursepower wars, GM spared no expense in trying to get ahead of the competition. They should have left the 0-60 nad quarter mile bragging rights to a more appropriate vehicle like the Camaro or Corvette. I'm looking for a new owner for this one.

It'll pull and tow just about anything. It just cost too much while doing it. Great truck for someone connected with Exxon etc.

Build a truck to be a truck and not a sports car.

05 GMC 2500HD Duramax/ZF-6 Manual
By ~jc~

I enjoy this truck. The diesel has a lot of pep. The manual trans. is nice after getting a feel for it. The build quality for my W/T is less than desired. Handling is excellent for a truck this size. Ride is smooth. It has some design faults (ex: windshield wipers rise only about 3" from glass, pain to work on) and penny pinching faults (ex: no sun tint on top of windshield). All in all, I recommend.

Duramax Diesel and the ZF-6 manual transmission.

Body fit and finish leave somthing to be desired. Penny pinching starting to show.

My GMC
By Tim Webb

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Really like this truck. However, would like to see further advancements in the interior design.

Engine combined with the 5 speed.

Interior could be more user friendly.