2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500HD model:
Opinion on recent Used purchase 6.6 Duramax
By randy012796 on 12/03/13 18:47 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought this truck from my neighbor. 58,000 miles on a 8 year old truck. It is box stock and clean. I cleaned it up even more. I have never owned a diesel before or a GMC. This diesel is Awesome! GMC has a slightly better finish than the Silverado I sold. We tow a 33ft Keystone Ultra lite camper that's 6,800lbs like a dream. There all expensive and I don't know why the comman man would spend the money on a new one. Enjoy shopping and go clean used. Some mods in the future, good deals out there on used perf. parts

The time tested truth
By dplind on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Ok let's start out that I have owned them all and I have owned a lot of trucks. My business is repairing trucks of all sizes and brands for large and small owners. I drive what I don't have to fix! Period! The GMC gives me power to pull my toy hauler and comfort on the long vacations. looks great and never lets me down

Great truck
By terry on 06/15/10 18:17 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck in April 2010. My first gmc. I love it. It has the duramax & Allison combo. Very powerful. It pulls beyond what I expected. I got this truck used with 81 thousand miles. Everyone tells me its just getting broke in. So far I like everything about this truck.

Love of my life
By Roger on 05/23/08 05:03 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Love the truck. Drove the Ford and the GMC and fell in love. Drives sweet. Tow a 10,000 lbs 5th wheel and don't even know it is there. Transmission is great uphill and down. Bose stereo is great. Heated leather seats and dual climate control are sweet. Would recomend this truck to anyone.

GMC2500HD
By response on 03/05/08 09:28 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It's a love/hate relationship between me and this truck. I first fell in love with the outside design. The front view has the same appearance as the Denali. It rides high and has a very aggressive look. It has plenty of power and has yet to be challenged by any load have had. The 6.0L is one of my prized possessions. Most of the of the negative comments here should have been expected, I understand. It sucks gas. I'm averaging around 14 MPG. It offers a bumpy ride. The dash board seems cheaply made, with thin plastic. The rear end can get loose quickly on wet surfaces. The power steering box went out twice. 17 inch rims on a truck of this size is an injustice.

Duramax Diesel Love IT
By Jim Bewley on 05/24/06 21:30 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the Duramax Diesel 2500 HD and I absolutely love this truck. I wouldn't trade it for any vehicle in the world. It pulls my 30 1990 very heavy camper like a dream, even in the mountains. I can't say enough positive about this truck.

GMC 2500 hd
By eheahey on 11/05/05 07:04 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Good reliable truck. poor interior design for room (my 2003 was much better) 1st bose radio I have ever had that was worth the money. Satellite radio very dissapointing.

Excellent truck for me.
By William M. Lynch on 06/26/05 13:07 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is by far, one of the best, if not the best truck I've ever purchased or driven. The interior (seats) are a little stiff (leather), but not an issue overall. The gas mileage is a little rough, but hey...I knew that going into the purchase. I love my truck!!!

Great Truck
By Keith on 05/30/05 00:57 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I drove them all. GMC still offers the 'work truck' and although it might be too spartan for some, I found it to be the right balance of form and function. Also, if price is an object (isn't it always)this baby rocks. I use my trucks like, well, trucks. And if I had had to spend $40,000+ on something else, I might be guilty of babying my truck. Then why by a truck? I had a bedliner sprayed in, and now it sees full duty as my primary working, boat pulling, camping, wheeling vehicle. Fit and finish are very nice. Plenty of power with the 6.0L. Even the cloth 'bench' seats are comfy.

Great
By greg on 04/24/05 18:38 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had several of the old classic 2500 4WDs and this one is by far the best truck I have ever owned. The styling is so much nicer than Chevy. Only one little problem with the transmission so far. All my previous GMCs spent a lot of time in the shop for warranty work, but not this one! Build quality seems so much better now.