2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD Work Truck Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Gmc Sierra-2500hd - Consumer Reviews

2004 Sierra 2500HD Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500HD model:

Sort Reviews by

Good but could be better!
By Jose Galvan

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Thus far it's proven to be what was expected. I do like the pick up power and acceleration power, the turning radius needs to be inproved. Another plus would be to install a rear window that is fuctional. Heat controls for the rear needs installed. Overall the performance, handling, and appearance are what I' expected. I've named it the HULK, it's big, it's green and it's powerful!

Favorite Features

Color, handling, braking, power and fuel milage. Quite, warms up fast, dural max motor!

Suggested Improvements

Improve turning radius, rear window fuctionality (split or roll down), need anti theft system installed from GMC, Stylish wheels, option on step boards without increase in price. More colors to chose from. Dura max cost to high.

BUY ONE!!!
By LUV my Duramax

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my truck about 3 weeks ago, and have put 1800 miles on it. I absolutely love the Duramax/Allison combo. Anything with this setup will drive like a dream. The Duramax doesn't hesitate with anything, and the allison smartly downshifts when slowing down to reduce brake wear. This truck is also the quietest diesel I've tested, when comparing the "BIG 3". At anything above 50mph you can't even notice you're running a diesel. ...every time I drive it...I like it even more...nuff' said.

Favorite Features

Duramax/Allison combo.; heated, folding, dimming, and turn signal outside rearview mirrors; Excellent fuel economy for such a large truck (16/21)

Suggested Improvements

..add propellers on roof to make it fly vertically too; Better fuel economy always helps, but already class leading for this truck. Must add steps for entrance/exit (running boards..nerf bars, etc.)!!

Hot Rig..!
By bearman

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

More truck than I expected, plenty of power. Very roomy, solidly built with great ride.

4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB Duramax/Allison
By Michigan Mike

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first pickup. Used to own a 93 Suburban. Traded an Acura CL Type S for this truck. Surprisingly good build quality. After 1500 miles, no problems at all. In the Acura I had to replace the front seat and the sunroof after this many miles. Wish that the OnStar GPS system could be hooked into a 3rd party navigation system with a screen and DVD. Performance (acceleration, braking) is great, though I've not yet towed anything. Heated seats are better/warmer than those in Acura. No complaints!

Favorite Features

Very comfortable cab. Well-designed, everything within easy reach. Great power. Great spaciousness. Great view of the road. Feels solid and powerful. Love the telescoping mirrors. Seat heaters work great. Dual-zone climate control is great.

Suggested Improvements

Ability to use OnStar GPS for 3rd party navi. Reverse proximity sensor. Recirc button should stay on. Blind spot on right side. Seats default to full forward position; until programmed the seats push you against the steering wheel.