2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Consumer Review: 2002 Gmc Duramax, 4wd Crew Cab

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD - Consumer Review

SLE Crew Cab Pickup (6.0L V8 4-speed Automatic 8.1 ft. Bed)

2002 Gmc Duramax, 4wd Crew Cab
By Rich Hartmann on

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLE 2WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

One of the best trucks I have owned. I have had no problems whatsoever. the biggest repair (only repair) was a universal joint. I tow a 5th wheel camper and am quite satisfied with the performance. Braking is smooth and sure in all conditions, the 4 wheel disk brakes still have a long way to go when checked at 80+k miles. I do my own maintenance and have crawled under and around this truck and I am impressed with it's sturdiness and build quality. It has what appears to be one of the most massive frames in any similar truck I've looked at. I like everyone else would like to see better fuel economy. I would like to see an easier to change fuel filter. Yes I will buy another GMC, probably in 0

Favorite Features

Appearance width and stability, the antilock 4 wheel disk brakes, don't need a step ladder to get into the 4wd truck. A real truck with a solid frame. A great tow vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy (All trucks) More accessable maitainence (fuel filters) and such. Don't make it look like a Japanese truck or Dodge. Teach the dealers to properly service diesel trucks.