2002 Gmc Duramax, 4wd Crew Cab
By Rich Hartmann on
2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)
One of the best trucks I have owned. I have had no problems whatsoever. the biggest repair (only repair) was a universal joint. I tow a 5th wheel camper and am quite satisfied with the performance. Braking is smooth and sure in all conditions, the 4 wheel disk brakes still have a long way to go when checked at 80+k miles. I do my own maintenance and have crawled under and around this truck and I am impressed with it's sturdiness and build quality. It has what appears to be one of the most massive frames in any similar truck I've looked at. I like everyone else would like to see better fuel economy. I would like to see an easier to change fuel filter. Yes I will buy another GMC, probably in 0
Favorite Features
Appearance width and stability, the antilock 4 wheel disk brakes, don't need a step ladder to get into the 4wd truck. A real truck with a solid frame. A great tow vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy (All trucks) More accessable maitainence (fuel filters) and such. Don't make it look like a Japanese truck or Dodge. Teach the dealers to properly service diesel trucks.