2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500HD model:
great performance
By hobackj on 09/01/09 08:09 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased a 2002 GMC 2500hd Duramax diesel. It is a very dependable truck. It will pull any trailer that I need it to pull and if it doesn’t, a power chip can always be added for increase in horsepower and torque. This year and newer comes with the either a 6-speed or the automatic Allison transmission, both are great for pulling or just for driving, depending on what the owner mainly does with it. Without a chip this truck can get up to 18mph which is pretty good for a ¾ ton truck. Along with performing good this truck is also roomy with either the extended cab 4 door or the full 4 door versions. Another good thing about a diesel is that if they are taken care of they can ru

#1 Vehicle I've ever had
By Momma on 08/27/08 16:30 PM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love it! Wouldn't drive anything else. Purchased in 2002 - now it's 2008 and I wouldn't trade it for another! This pick up has never given me trouble, not even a flat tire. Perfect pick up! I love to drive it

2500HD 4x4 6.0L
By joel on 08/20/08 06:51 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I really love this truck. I call it "big truck". I don't like the gas mileage, aprox 13 mpg but what could I expect. It definilety has the pulling power, and the acceleration that I would want. I drove a couple of F-250's and I just didn't like the ride quality as much as I do this truck. I'm very happy with this truck

Great truck
By Tyler on 03/18/08 20:32 PM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I work in the oil patch in northern Alberta and this truck really works well here! I have the 8.1 liter gas pig but I don't care about fuel economy because it is so fun to drive! I have no problem keeping up to diesel's and some times pass them on big hills. I love the design, the ride is great and it really rips when you want it too. I tow a 10,000 flare stack regularily and this truck doesn't back down at all.

Pleased
By Gary on 01/24/06 12:01 PM (PST)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We enjoy our 2500K HD Diesel powered truck except the cloth seats (front) are not comfortable on long runs. We are of average weight and find ourselves having to stop frequently. The seat become flat and loose cushion after being seated for short lengths of time. Order leather bucket if you can.

ULTIMATE TRUCK
By gmgp455 on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 2WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

THIS TRUCK IS A WORK HORSE ,FUN TO DRIVE AND HAULS LOADS LIKE THEY WERE NOTHING. POWER IS EXCELLENT DRIVES LIKE A SPORTS CAR VERY COMFERTABLE TRUCK. IT GETS DECIENT MILELAGE 18mpg HIGHWAY 10mpg AROUND TOWN .

Review of 2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD
By R Freni on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second GMC Sierra 2500HD in the past two years, I love both of them. I have the 6.0L Engine (the smallest engine that I believe they put in this truck) in my truck and I have yet to find anything that I can't tow with it. The tow/haul feature works great. All in all this truck rides great, tow's great and plows snow great (if you haven't figured it out yet I think these trucks are GREAT!)I have not yet had to bring them back to the dealership for any type of repair other than normal service.

rear tire wear stinks
By bwieland on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

BEWARE - my truck has excessive rear tire wear - rear tires were shot at 12,000 miles - front tires were 20% used -

Best of Fleet
By Snickers on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have a fleet of pickups. I have Dodge, Ford, Chevrolet and GMC. My General Motors vehicles are by far cheaper to maintain and operate of the fleet. My people all want the General Motors trucks for their ride and comfort. As I rotate I will go strictly with General Motors. They get ruff use in the oilfield and hold up. Thank You GM :-)

Sierra HD with the 8.1!
By dkmalone on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The 2002 HD Sierra with the 8.1 V-8 and the Allison transmission is tremendous! I think there is so much hype over the Duramax, the 8.1 gets overlooked. Unless you drive 30,000 miles a year or expect to keep the truck forever the $4,000 premium for the diesel doesn't make sense. Properly equiped, both tow the same. But it's that big block 496 cube engine that puts a smile on my face everytime I start it up. My wife loves driving it too! I'm sure I could get better mileage, but I can't keep my foot out of it. I get about 12 MPG.