2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500HD model:
Big Red
By Tanns on 01/31/06 14:01 PM (PST)

2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My 2001 is a real pleasure to drive, getting 15mph on highways, always used regular gasoline. It performs well in the snow and I'm sold on Allison transmissions.

GMC HD
By Harris on 05/12/05 14:02 PM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. Still smooth and powerful after 150,000 absolutly trouble free miles. Ford and Dodge probably have as good an engine, but no way can they match the Allison/Duramax as a package. I used to trade trucks every year, but I still enjoy this one so much I want to see just how long it will go.

The Best Truck Ever!!
By Pullin' IT on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've never owned a better truck. All the power you ever want without sacrificing fuel mileage. Hook it to anything and go anywhere. Great ride like a Caddy. No noise. Luxurious

First two years were heaven.
By T1 on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This last year has been quite another story. I've had a complete Brake job including replacing all four rotors which were fine 2500 miles before. The sudden complete failure of all four brakes cost 1600 dollars for that. The four wheel drive switch has gone twice causing the truck to shift in and out of gears and fall out of 4WD. This also caused premature wear of the U-joints, which needed replacing. The fan motor now is going and needs to be replaced. The engine burns a quart of oil every 2200 miles and knocks like mad for the first five minutes of run time until it's warm. The engine also knocks if I use any gas other than premium.

The Best Trruck On The Road
By JOE_FROM_MO on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD LB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck. It was bought to work and it does that. There is a lot of Maintnaice on this truck though. The style and beauty of this thing is awsome. I like the looks of this truck more than the new ones, but you know how guys are. We want the latest, greatest thing. Im sick of having to replace the main engine drive belt every 15000 miles. It starts squiling and I cant handle that. And it sucks the dealer never has the parts to fix a damn thing when you take there. You have to go back and forth two, three, or sometimes four times before anything gets fixed. great big bummer since there is not a dealer anywhere close to where i live.

Towing Superstar
By ran on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I live in Michigan and tow a 35' 5th wheel camper to North and South Carolina 4 times a year. The trailer weighs 13,500lbs and this truck will take on any mountion on I-77 in the Virginia's. I get 7.5 mpg average towing which is much better than my 98 truck that had the old 454.

Love my truck!
By aktantan on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 2WD SB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had both Ford and Chevy trucks in the past and this is far superior. The ride is a bit more rough than my Chevy 1500, but it is more heavy duty and simply does more. The power is great and the Allison transmission makes it a dream to drive in the Rocky Mountains where we live.

Tired of Engine Noise
By Mark Breneman on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

As soon as I saw the HD crew cab, I knew that I wanted to own one. It only took a test drive to prove that to me. The truck drives like a half-ton yet easily handles a 12,000 lb trailer and tractor. The interior is very spacious and is comfortable even on long trips. If i had to do it over, I would buy the Duramax over the 6.0 or 8.1 liter. I have a 6.0 that started making alot of noise at 1100 miles. GM has yet to stand behind it 27,000 mile later. Fuel mileage is also not great - 13MPG/16MPG tops.

better than ford
By v8loverr on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 2WD SB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I think that GM did a great job on the new 2500 HD Crew Cab. I had a 1500 extra cab and when I saw the Crew Cab I had to have it and I have loved it sence. I feel that everyone should get a 2500 HD. It has it all onstar heated seats and all the goodies. So go and get this truck you will be happy with it.