Not for me
By carlota on
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)
This truck is a replacement for my stolen '03 F-250 Powerstroke. After 11 months of trying to like this truck, I would take my 4 year old Ford back in a heartbeat. The much-touted Allison tranny screams like a banshee when I am towing up the long steep mountain roads in NM and AZ. It's clunky and jerky. Trips to the dealership have found nothing wrong. The mileage runs around a dismal 13 mpg vs. 18+ for the '03 Ford. This heavy duty truck came with puny 6 ply road tires on it, which I think is ridiculous. I resent having to shell out for 10 ply Michelin all terrain tires at 6000 miles because the truck tires couldn't get a grip on our muddy winter roads, even in 4WD.
Favorite Features
The interior design is great, which I find to be superior to both the new Fords and even my husband's brand new '08 Tundra. It is well thought-out and convenient, with ample stowing and extra room for overflow things like saddles, horse feed and very large dogs.
Suggested Improvements
Back to the design board, fellas. This thing is ugly. Put some decent and bigger tires on it. Not sure about the Allison tranny. Maybe I got a lemon?