2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500HD Classic model:
I'd buy it again
By chris on 10/08/08 15:39 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I like it. I read as much for reviews as I could find before I picked it up and it meets or exceeds any postive review I have read. Very reliable. The only thing I'm bumming out on is that I had to buy the only model you can't change tire size on without (warranty issues) getting a tuner or such and that's coming. I'm happy with it other than the tire size from GM.

Best vehicle I have ever owned
By Dave on 07/22/08 18:09 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The four wheel on the fly is critical for me. The awesome power this engine generates is amazing. The ride quality will rival expensive luxury cars. People ask me all the time if it is really a diesel because it is so quiet. They are also impressed with the acceleration, ride quality, and quietness when they ride with me. I will buy another GMC diesel when this one is worn out...in about 20 years or 350,000 miles.

Not for me
By carlota on 09/02/07 07:35 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a replacement for my stolen '03 F-250 Powerstroke. After 11 months of trying to like this truck, I would take my 4 year old Ford back in a heartbeat. The much-touted Allison tranny screams like a banshee when I am towing up the long steep mountain roads in NM and AZ. It's clunky and jerky. Trips to the dealership have found nothing wrong. The mileage runs around a dismal 13 mpg vs. 18+ for the '03 Ford. This heavy duty truck came with puny 6 ply road tires on it, which I think is ridiculous. I resent having to shell out for 10 ply Michelin all terrain tires at 6000 miles because the truck tires couldn't get a grip on our muddy winter roads, even in 4WD.

The best HD on the market
By sam on 07/06/07 17:22 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I drove the '08 Ford and '07 Dodge and none come close to the GMC. This is my second GM truck. I'm very hapy with it. The power is great. The only draw back is the mileage, but I was expecting that from a big truck.

Awesome truck
By daviator on 03/14/07 06:15 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic SL1 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Traded my 2006 Sierra 2500HD 6.0 V8 for the Allison/Duramax. Super truck. I was amazed how much better the ride is in the 2007 Sierra Classic. Duramax/Allison combo a real delight to tow with. The Allison 6 speed works incredibly well with the Duramax to couple all of that torque to the ground as well as assisting in stopping the whole load. Torque comes in at about 1500 RPMS and this thing launches like a rocket. Great fit and finish. I researched all other diesels and I'm happy I stuck with GMC.

GMC Duramax
By Buntonjax on 09/04/06 11:14 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Duramax 6L diesel is more than I expected. Not only is it quit, it rides like a dream. This engine also has the power to move anything I hook up to. The layout of the interior is excelent, everything right where I can reach it. This was a very good buy for me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.