2000 GMC Sierra 2500 Consumer Reviews

2000 GMC Sierra 2500 - Consumer Reviews

2000 GMC Sierra 2500 HD SL 2dr Regular Cab LB

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500 model:
GMC ONLY
By Mark on 08/18/05 02:09 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sierra 2500 HD SLE 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I like my GMC very much,it is snappy and has good torque for pulling a medium weight travel trailer. The only complaint I have with this truck is a persistant knock in the engine that is very noticable in the morning starts. My previous truck was a 1976 3/4 ton 4x4 GMC long bed. The ride on the 2000 was my first consideration in buying a new truck. My next step up will be the Duramax.

jacks toy
By jackj on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 GMC Sierra 2500 SL 2dr Regular Cab LB

rear brakes and parking brake leave something to be desired. Rear rotors rust decreasing overall braking power and make the parking brake all but useless. Good power and excellent towing vehicle for horse trailer. Two piece drive shaft failed during our second towing excursion. Dealership replaced with a single piece unit. Now it hums while you drive but has proven to be reliable. Unit stuck in 4wd during -20 degree weather. Again dealership repaired. Dealership was cooperative in making repairs.

So far, so good
By paris hilton on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 GMC Sierra 2500 HD SL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This plain, Jane GMC has a 6.0 liter engine with a 4.10 rear end. Not good for fuel mileage, usually about 14, but has ranged from 9 with a trailer in the wind to 15 on a flat highway. Warranty work on a jerky transmission, radio failure, rattle in the steering shaft, center console latch, and noisy heater fan. Not much really. Basically satisfied & hoping for a long run.