2005 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500HD model:
Little white truck
By 7352scuba on 06/04/08 10:50 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Tows my 4X8 trailer fully loaded (1500 lb), with 2000 lbs on the truck, no problem. Great on gas. 18 mpg on trips and 13 mpg local. My wife likes it better than our 2005 Caravan with stow and go.

I am the owner
By john ramey on 03/14/06 08:53 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is fun to drive, has good weight providing good traction in snow. Really good steering, will get you there for sure. its a keeper. l7 mpg, runs good. Waiting for the hybrid to come out.

Best value for your money!
By stormy on 11/21/05 02:51 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We researched the purcase of a new truck to death, I think, and we always came back to the GMC. This truck was by far the best value for the dollars. We love our truck! The crew cab was truly the answer our need for four doors for when our folks come into town.

GMC with 8' box
By sheepwool on 05/21/05 07:51 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We love our GMC. We have a small farm and use it for alot of work type things but also use it for our family vehecle. We have the long box option on ours though. The long box rides much smoother than the short box. It also is great for sleeping in!

I Love My Truck
By Mommy's truck on 03/24/05 01:30 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Overall this is the best truck I have ever owned. I have owned Ford's , Dodge, & chevy's...I traded a Chevy Blazer for My Sierra so I would have more room & comfort for me as well as my kids. It was definitely worth it. Smooth, quiet, comfortable ride with plenty of room for 6 people. Gas mileage is around 16 mpg in the city, which is about all I got from my Blazer on the highway, so comparitively speaking for it's size it gets pretty good gas mileage! Very powerful engine, good steering & control features. If your looking for a truck that has it all then test drive a GMC...kids can even watch tv with the optional DVD player but you would lose your 6th seat! A+ to GMC .

GMC Sierra 1500HD
By jonathan iket on 01/29/05 12:15 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The GMC Sierra is one of the best trucks I ever drove. It's not only a great pick up truck, but it's also fun to drive, and is worth every penny.

Could be better
By Ted Newman on 01/20/05 07:19 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love the truck but I think the 6.0L, at least in mine is very underpowered.

My Big Truck
By James Jones on 11/16/04 08:43 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My new truck has power and pleanty of room. I have been driving a toyota for the past 24 years (4cyl and manual tranmission) which were a 1981 regular toyota pickup and a 1994 4WD king cab. With older age and grandchildren new truck has all the power that I have wanted and pleanty of room. Only problem is you need to own stock in a gas station