Used 2005 GMC Sierra 1500HD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Sierra 1500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500HD model:

Little white truck
By 7352scuba

2005 GMC Sierra 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Tows my 4X8 trailer fully loaded (1500 lb), with 2000 lbs on the truck, no problem. Great on gas. 18 mpg on trips and 13 mpg local. My wife likes it better than our 2005 Caravan with stow and go.

Easy entrance and exit I love the easy head light service area

Turn signal and courtesy lights on all mirrors

I am the owner
By john ramey

2005 GMC Sierra 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is fun to drive, has good weight providing good traction in snow. Really good steering, will get you there for sure. its a keeper. l7 mpg, runs good. Waiting for the hybrid to come out.

Best value for your money!
By stormy

2005 GMC Sierra 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We researched the purcase of a new truck to death, I think, and we always came back to the GMC. This truck was by far the best value for the dollars. We love our truck! The crew cab was truly the answer our need for four doors for when our folks come into town.

The comfort and ride are awesome. There is a real feel of luxury in a truck??? Is that possible?? Yep, it is with the GMC. Well worth the price.

I agree, a place to store tools, or something for storage would be great.

GMC with 8' box
By sheepwool

2005 GMC Sierra 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We love our GMC. We have a small farm and use it for alot of work type things but also use it for our family vehecle. We have the long box option on ours though. The long box rides much smoother than the short box. It also is great for sleeping in!

The full size box and the four doors with the extended cab

I agree that the interior should be updated some how but we use ours for a truck and would love to find a truck without carpet on the floor. There is nothing more of a pain than to get cow manure out of that carpet

I Love My Truck
By Mommy's truck

2005 GMC Sierra 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLE Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Overall this is the best truck I have ever owned. I have owned Ford's , Dodge, & chevy's...I traded a Chevy Blazer for My Sierra so I would have more room & comfort for me as well as my kids. It was definitely worth it. Smooth, quiet, comfortable ride with plenty of room for 6 people. Gas mileage is around 16 mpg in the city, which is about all I got from my Blazer on the highway, so comparitively speaking for it's size it gets pretty good gas mileage! Very powerful engine, good steering & control features. If your looking for a truck that has it all then test drive a GMC...kids can even watch tv with the optional DVD player but you would lose your 6th seat! A+ to GMC .

A Truck that seats 6 comfortably!! Sporty body appearance. No road noise.

Only suggestion I have is to find a way to still offer the factory installed DVD player without losing the 6th seat.