I Love This Truck!
By aeopav on
2002 GMC Sierra 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLE 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
I have had excellent service from this vehicle in its' first 25,000 miles. I'm averaging about 14.9 mpg. On a long highway run it will go to 16mpg. I have had two minor issues fixed under warranty. Exhaust resonance, and a steering wheel "clunk". Both taken care of. I have 3 boys and we all go camping a lot. It hardly even knows it is pulling a camper and everyone has plenty of room. Rear seat passengers have their own heat and a/c vents for comfort. The ride smooths out once the truck is loaded a bit so the camping trips are a real pleasure.
Favorite Features
A full guage cluster. I have a tranny temp. guage in the dash! I love the heated frontseats. I'll probably never own another vehicle without them. The trailer towing package. With it added to the truck I was ready to tow my camper the day I drove it off the lot.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see more substantial bumpers put on the truck. The truck had no option for a split rear window. Note to GM : A split rear window is a must for campers who put a topper on the truck and like to access the bed from the front.