2002 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500HD model:
Who needs a diesel
By glock35ipsc on 07/09/07 10:28 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

When I bought this truck, it was for the purpose of pulling a 5th wheel RV and an enclosed snowmobile trailer. Most all towing would be in the mountains. I have alway driven GM trucks, so I was already use to the body style and interior, both of which I love. However, this is my first GMC. Ride is good for a 3/4 ton, power was good, although I knew I could better it later. Has the typical piston slap of this era of Vortec engines, but has not caused any problems. I run Amsoil synthetic oil, I change the filter every 5000 and the oil every 10,000.

little ttrouble
By keithcitty@sbcglobal on 12/24/06 04:16 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I really only have one gripe about the best truck I've ever owned and that's this: GM will not recall a 6.0 for a oil pump seal that causes the oil to airiate and leaves the owner with the impression that there's a collapsed lifter. Anyone else hear that annoying ticking? Check the GM service records and you'll see that its a 300.00 fix/maybe kind of thing.

I Love This Truck!
By aeopav on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had excellent service from this vehicle in its' first 25,000 miles. I'm averaging about 14.9 mpg. On a long highway run it will go to 16mpg. I have had two minor issues fixed under warranty. Exhaust resonance, and a steering wheel "clunk". Both taken care of. I have 3 boys and we all go camping a lot. It hardly even knows it is pulling a camper and everyone has plenty of room. Rear seat passengers have their own heat and a/c vents for comfort. The ride smooths out once the truck is loaded a bit so the camping trips are a real pleasure.

HD EXCELENT
By FERNAN on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

LOVE IT

My Review
By lauren edwards on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

very cmfortbe and it rdes beautifully. i like it ause its great comfort, it has fast power and looks great. ive had no problems with this truck.

My '02 GMC
By dz302 on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I traded a Ford F-250 Powerstroke for this truck, and I haven't regretted it. At this point, I have 5200 miles. Ride is a bit more jittery than the Ford. Power is excellent. Fuel economy is 13 in town, 15 on highway, thought I don't feel it is completely broke in. The truck feels very solid. I just performed my first oil change, it came at 5100 miles, as was indicated by the oil change light. I had been checking the oil level religiously and it never required any additional oil from new to the first change. Overall, I'm very pleased. Oh, I added a Gibson cat-back stainless exhaust, really sounds and looks good.