Would buy it again
By Matt on
2001 GMC Sierra 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLT 2WD SB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
I hope my next truck will be as good as this one! I put about 20K per year on it, and pull a camper or a loaded utility trailer often. The heated seats are great when it's cold, and the AC cools off the roomy cab quickly, even when it's 100 in the shade. The factory tires are good, and I have replaced them about every 40K miles. Tranny is smooth, and this truck is MUCH quieter on the highway than my previous '95 GMC extended cab, with much less wind and road noise. The six liter powerplant pulls easily, and hwy mpg is about 16-17. In Dallas traffic, I get about 13. The back seat is so comfortable, that it is our preferred road trip vehicle.
Favorite Features
Quiet cab. Solid brakes and handling. Excellent 10 way power seats. Good visibility. Good stereo system. Great cabin space for road trips. Cupholders and rear AC vents are very convenient.
Suggested Improvements
Make fog lights standard. Add a light inside the bed so an open tonneau cover doesn't block the cab-mounted one. Add a 12V power outlet in the rear part of the cab.