This is a perfect truck
By lilred289 on
2001 GMC Sierra 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
This truck flat out rocks. The 6.0 will do 0-60 in about 10 seconds out of the box and that is with or with- out pulling a 7000lb car trailer. The AWD option is absoultly genious especially here in ND where it gets a little icy. The interior is the most comfortable truck I have ever been in. It is like driving a caddy with a box behind it. For being almost a 3/4ton truck it out handles my little S-10 and it is almost effortless to drive.
Favorite Features
The AWD option is definatly a must for questionable road conditions where 4WD is just too much. The exterior styling is beautiful. The interior is like my living room, and the power is outrageous especially after I have added, Volant intake, Full exhaust ( with headers), Underdrive pullies.
Suggested Improvements
Better mileage out of the box but with my changes I am now getting 18 hwy and 8-14 in town (depending how heavy my foot is). There is no 12v outlet in the box. There is no light in the box either and the headlights are alittle dimmer than what I am use to but brighter bulbs will take care of that.