Used 2001 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500HD model:

Sierra 2001 1500 HD 4X4
By angel65

2001 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've loved this truck since new. Has never let me down, since new I've put in a alternator, battery, both belt tensioner's, and the brakes all around after hauling my 32 foot fifthwheel on vacation through very hilly country.

I love the AWD feature and the 4 X 4 which locks all 4 wheels when in use. Very stable, quiet, and comfortable truck.. This truck is getting old now 11 yrs old, and I still get compliments, of how good it looks. I do take care of this truck very much, (esthetics) but that shows how good it is, because if it was crap I would porbably not take care of it this much...Last but not least , thier are no rattles at all , and I live in northern Québec, were the roads are not the best, and in summer the temperature reachers in thed high 40 degrees and in the winter -40 degrees celcius............

The only thing I would like for this model is if the body of this truck, was 3 or 4 inches higher off the ground like the sierra's of the 80's............

This is a perfect truck
By lilred289

2001 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck flat out rocks. The 6.0 will do 0-60 in about 10 seconds out of the box and that is with or with- out pulling a 7000lb car trailer. The AWD option is absoultly genious especially here in ND where it gets a little icy. The interior is the most comfortable truck I have ever been in. It is like driving a caddy with a box behind it. For being almost a 3/4ton truck it out handles my little S-10 and it is almost effortless to drive.

The AWD option is definatly a must for questionable road conditions where 4WD is just too much. The exterior styling is beautiful. The interior is like my living room, and the power is outrageous especially after I have added, Volant intake, Full exhaust ( with headers), Underdrive pullies.

Better mileage out of the box but with my changes I am now getting 18 hwy and 8-14 in town (depending how heavy my foot is). There is no 12v outlet in the box. There is no light in the box either and the headlights are alittle dimmer than what I am use to but brighter bulbs will take care of that.

Would buy it again
By Matt

2001 GMC Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLT 2WD SB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I hope my next truck will be as good as this one! I put about 20K per year on it, and pull a camper or a loaded utility trailer often. The heated seats are great when it's cold, and the AC cools off the roomy cab quickly, even when it's 100 in the shade. The factory tires are good, and I have replaced them about every 40K miles. Tranny is smooth, and this truck is MUCH quieter on the highway than my previous '95 GMC extended cab, with much less wind and road noise. The six liter powerplant pulls easily, and hwy mpg is about 16-17. In Dallas traffic, I get about 13. The back seat is so comfortable, that it is our preferred road trip vehicle.

Quiet cab. Solid brakes and handling. Excellent 10 way power seats. Good visibility. Good stereo system. Great cabin space for road trips. Cupholders and rear AC vents are very convenient.

Make fog lights standard. Add a light inside the bed so an open tonneau cover doesn't block the cab-mounted one. Add a 12V power outlet in the rear part of the cab.