2014 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L V8 FFV 4x4 6-speed Automatic 5.8 ft. Bed Consumer Review - GM Got This One Right

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Review

GM Got This One Right
By john178 on

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Picked up my 2014 GMC SLT Sierra (Z71) today. It is black with black leather interior and chrome galore- including 6 inch running boards. I also put Line-X in bed of truck. The truck is a head turner for sure. There is additional room in the backseat, improved door seals make this even quieter than the 2011 Chevy Silverado I taded in for the GMC. I've driven around all day and cannot come to grips with how comfortable the ride is. GM hit a homerun on this newly designed 2014 truck.

Favorite Features

Power mirrors, parking sensors in both rear and front, rear view camera, large cavernous storage compartment between bucket seats in front. LED lights in bed of truck to assist with night time loading/unloading. Navigation system is quite user friendly since technology is not my strength. Voice command for all functions is cool. Storage bins galore; 3 accessory power outlets, several USB ports, 110 Volt outlets- talk about convenient. It is easier to step up into the truck bed with built in steps both sides of truck bed. Classy interior with rich looking materials. Quietness in cabin is hard to explain unless you actually ride around for awhile; simply the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Suggested Improvements

Despite jokes about the extended ladder found in Ford pick-ups to assist getting into bed of truck, I wish GM would consider this. Another blind spot small mirror would be nice in the passenger side mirror as the driver side mirror has.