Looks good...Drives Poor
By qzationsa on
2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
I bought mine about one month ago. Nice sexy black truck all the toys. Mile mark 480 noise coming from the rear end. GM tried to say it was the displacement on demand. Turned out to be a bad ring gear. Truck ended up needing a whole new rear end. Mile mark 680 transmission is clinging and clanging under normal driving conditions with decelerating only to be followed by not knowing what gear to select with I put my foot back on the gas. Today it was stuck in 2nd gear for about 8 seconds. Also new today, the truck stalled with a huge bang in the transmission when shifting from R to D. I like the truck a lot when it is parked. Not so much when driving. Buyer beware...
Favorite Features
The interior is best in class. Lots of power from the new 5.3 with good MPG (avg 16.9 Mixed driving)
Suggested Improvements
A lot, for starters, fix the drive line on this truck, this was a 50,000 truck come on man! The i pod when connected is the worst, when you shut the truck off and come back later it plays the same song over and over. Front Park Assist only works when it feels like it. Driver Alert Package keeps telling me its not available at this time. Bluetooth phone screen will not change back to radio after a call is received. Various rattles from cabin.