2014 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L V8 FFV 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - 2014Sierra Slt 4x4

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Review

SLT Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 FFV 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

2014Sierra Slt 4x4
By dave572 on

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my new truck September 2013. I made the mistake of paying for the heated/cooled seat option. Big mistake. In cooling mode hot air blows on rear seat passengers. I was told after a few miles the air will cool off.top. The hot air still blows hot after 75 miles. Since I usually have a person in the back seat that is a waste of money. Also after 75-100 miles it feels like I am sitting on a fist sized rock. Guess what, the dealer reps got in and out of the truck and stated they could not duplicate my complaint. Initially I got 21.5 to 22.5 mpg at 68mph. Whick was why I boutght the truck. After a recall I now get 18 if lucky. I am looking to trade it off for a Ford.

Favorite Features

Paint color, bose radio, back up camera and large display screen.

Suggested Improvements

Reflash the ecm to improve mileage. Do away with cooled seats. Reinstall the "old" rear seat ventilations system. The current rear seat ventilation is absolutely worthles, both for heating and cooling. Add a useable assist handle for the driver to aid in getting intor the truck without holding onto the steering wheel.