Used 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 GMC Sierra 1500

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Great Truck - Can't see @ Night
By fred

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The headlights just don't throw the light far enough down the road on dim and brightness is marginal. High beams are OK at best, about what the dims should be. The side illumination when turning a corner is pretty much non-existent.
The rest of the truck is great, comfort, ride, handling performance, etc . The MPG is really great for a truck, keeping it @ 70 or less, I can knock down 23-24 on the highway!

Truck is a mess
By BB1972

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra Double Cab 2 wheel drive. I absolutely loved the looks of the truck but I have had nothing but issues since day one. The transmission cannot figure out what gear it needs at slow speeds and when it does it jumps and clunks underneath. I have a problem in the rear of the truck that when I back out of my driveway or hit a bump it clunks and bangs. The steering wheel sticks to the right when coming off the highway. When I took it in for repair they would not fix the problem because the could not get a repeat event. I have had several since then which is a huge safety issue. I have problems with rough idling at lights almost like it wants to stall. I have taken my truck in twice for humming in the rear. The first time I was told that it was normal. I returned it a second time and they replaced the gears in the rear end. I am starting to have the same problems again. My grade braking comes on periodically for about five seconds. I cannot even keep my coffee in the cup holder because of the intense vibration on the highway. So far I still have the same issues with 18,000 miles on the truck. I have tried to trade it in but I cannot get anything for it. I filed a claim with GMC and all I get is its taking some time because we don't have the VIN number. I have given the number twice to them so far and nothing. I will never buy another GMC. My next step is the better business bureau. I have been a GM fan for years but this truck is an absolute mess.

Kick Ass Truck
By S. Friese

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I really love my truck, runs really well, shifts great and the interior is awesome. Lots of room, and very quite. I can have a conversation without speaking loudly. It truly rides like a dream but better when weight in the bed. One thing I don't like is the turning radius, in tight spots its difficult to turn. Everyone who rides in it loves it. I really like the look of the vehicle, great styling all around. Had LINEX bed liner put in and ZEIBART in and out. make sure to have everything real clean and remove door panels and wheel wells for good job. Takes time, but I bought it to keep it a long time! Check out for any updates or upgrades available. LOVE THIS BEAUTIFUL TRUCK!!!

please don't buy
By Toronzo Johnson

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck brand new and it started running like crap. I traded in my Chevy Silverado for this truck. Worst mistake ever! The transmission trys to find gears and the whole truck vibrates at speeds over 60mph. I took it in to be serviced 3 times and still no fix! I will NEVER buy another GMC again.

FRAME RUST EVERYWHERE (Bumper to Bumper)
By Paul

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I have RUST on my entire frame (rails, cross members, and all welded bracketry off rails). I noticed this just 3 months after purchasing brand new. Apparently it's not okay for the Rancho shocks used to exhibit pre mature rust (as they were recalled earlier) , but it is okay for GM's truck frames to RUST after 3 months? The TSB is just a band aid. How do you prep and redo a closed box section of frame rail? Why would you use bare uncoated (non galvanized) steel? The coating on a scratch off lottery ticket stays on better than the black wax coating used! Not acceptable General Motors! "Amateur Grade" Sincerely, Disappointed Customer....