2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 GMC Sierra 1500

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

2014 Sierra Impression
By tomcat25

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Is GM ever going to hire some who knows how to program an engine/transmission ? I own a 2014 sierra 1500 and have decided I won't put up with the horrible engine and tranny operation any longer.Warranty or not I will have a tune done and it will NOT be anything written by GM. I do know people who have had it done to their trucks,have driven them,and I will do it to mine. How anyone at GM who signs off on these driveline calibrations still has there jobs is beyond me. These people do not know there jobs and need to go. A tuning person with real world knowledge is needed. A laptop, some realistic programming and an hours seat time is literally all that is needed! GM,the public deserves better!

Great truck
By texasenior

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Sierra for about six months. I have not experienced any problems what so ever. If you are easy on the gas and drive sensibly I get from 18 to 20 MPG around town and usually 25 MPG hiway. My best 25 mile average was 32.5 MPG between Houston & Galveston. Very quit ride, better than my Cadillac and just as smooth. I feel very safe and comfortable in my first truck.

OFF OF THE DRAWING BOARD TOO FAST!!!!!
By rodrickj

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

When I first saw this truck it was love at first site. However, after driving it over 5000 miles, I started to hear a hum in the rear end. To make a long story short, the druck has been in the shop for a total of 3 months. The differential has been rebuilt, drive shaft replaced, rebuilt deferential taken out and brand new differential installed, driver seat had to be shimmed, and a total of 3 recalls. You would think that after all of that the problem would have been solved, WRONG, I still have a hum in my rear end and a pain in the other. It is a shame that a billion dollar company like GM won't admit that they made a screw up with at least my Sierra. I can't recommend to anyone.

Great Truck
By lawman1967

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Sierra SLE 4X4 All-Terrain for three months now, though I've only been driving it for one of those months as it was rear-ended by a Hummer (no frame damage) and in the body shop for a month, then I was away for three weeks of military duty. Still in those 5 weeks of driving I've put over 8,000 miles on the truck and have a pretty good idea of its capabilities and performance. The truck remains an absolute joy to drive, no squeaks, supremely comfortable seats and quiet ride. Fuel economy up to 24 MPG at 75 MPH which is OUTSTANDING for a V8 4X4.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, smooth and quiet ride, heated cloth bucket seats.

Suggested Improvements

Faster processor in the infotainment system with more robust Bluetooth (why can't I select playlists on a Bluetooth-connected iPhone?).

Highway Cruiser
By bigw2014

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is great on the highway - smooth ride even empty, unbelievably quiet, comfortable seats, lots of luxury features. I am coming out of an Infiniti SUV and this thing compares very favorably with it on the highway. I am getting about 19-20 on the highway thanks to the cylinder deactivation, which you can only see indicated on the dash, you never feel it at all. It feels like a Mercedes, everything is solid and tight - hard to believe this is a GM product it seems so well-built. I drive country roads at night, the lights are ok - not horrible not great. Get the fog lights, they help. I run the fog lights all the time.

Favorite Features

Ride, fuel economy, build quality. Second screen for music/info. in the instrument pod, big navigation system screen, iPhone integration, comfy seats and big legroom (I am 6'4"), LED lights in the bed are great if you use a cover.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation screen is a bit too bright - should be able to dim it separately from the instruments. It would be nice to have a second switch in the bed or tailgate to control those snazzy bed lights instead of having to access it only from the cab.