2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Dangerous headlights
By larry_rymal

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Comfortable, secure-feeling pickup. Overall quality feel is pure A-1. Daytime confidence value just can't be higher. Motor is strong, shifting is smooth after about 1000 miles. Tows well without sagging in the back due to trailer tongue weight. Best truck I have owned. But, this truck has a blemish--a dangerous one. In rural areas, the headlamp lighting is awful. There is no lateral light spill to assist turning onto intersecting roads. None. Left turns are the worse. You will be turning into total darkness. The effect is as if you have a burned out left lamp. Going straight, the hi-beam doesn't "reach out and touch" enough. You will need to buy auxiliary lighting.

Comfort level, seating, quietness. Once you learn the infotainment system, you'll be happy. For example, you can be having the GPS displaying the map in the center display, and in the speedometer's sub-display, the song author and title displaying, at your option. Very nice touch.

Scrap the navigation program from Tom Tom. It is amazingly minimal, with no Trace Back feature and an awful interface. It does not offer the Tom Tom features as included with their standard hand-held unit. Give more space between the door and seat. Difficult to slide hand to door controls. If wearing a watch of the left hand, and one is the driver, then the watch will scratch the door paneling.

AWESOME TRUCK
By clearwatereq

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Had my 14 crew cab SLT over a year and 26,000 trouble free miles. I'm getting a steady 21 mpg highway. Truck is extremely smooth and quiet. I traded in a 2012 Ram and this GMC feels more refined with better on road performance. Great truck overall.

Ride, quiet, looks, performance.

poor oem quality tires, factory headlamps not the best, fussy nav system.

poor gas milage
By cabo3

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 2dr Regular Cab LB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

My 2014 GMC Sierra has never got more than 15 mpg even on high way driving. Yes--it's 4 wd and the 5200 motor but the door sticker claimed it would get much better. I talked to the dealer and they blame ethanol gas --poor quality gas ect and ect. I have bought gm trucks for over 50 years and this will be my last. My suggestion to anyone looking to buy GM trucks is to make the dealer fill the truck with gas and test it yourself BEFORE you buy. GM lost my business and my respect! My dad used to say there are two things men lie about --women and gas milage but this report is accurate.

Easy to start--plenty of power! My truck is a base-single cab--1500 V8 and that model was not even on the list to pick from on this survey!

Gas milage is horrible and no where close towindow sticker estimates. Also the driver seat sits too low .

2014 Sierra Impression
By tomcat25

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Is GM ever going to hire some who knows how to program an engine/transmission ? I own a 2014 sierra 1500 and have decided I won't put up with the horrible engine and tranny operation any longer.Warranty or not I will have a tune done and it will NOT be anything written by GM. I do know people who have had it done to their trucks,have driven them,and I will do it to mine. How anyone at GM who signs off on these driveline calibrations still has there jobs is beyond me. These people do not know there jobs and need to go. A tuning person with real world knowledge is needed. A laptop, some realistic programming and an hours seat time is literally all that is needed! GM,the public deserves better!

Great truck
By texasenior

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Sierra for about six months. I have not experienced any problems what so ever. If you are easy on the gas and drive sensibly I get from 18 to 20 MPG around town and usually 25 MPG hiway. My best 25 mile average was 32.5 MPG between Houston & Galveston. Very quit ride, better than my Cadillac and just as smooth. I feel very safe and comfortable in my first truck.