Used 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

third truck purchase
By s thom

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

bought new at the springfield, vt. gmc dealership. am very happy with it. initially, I was getting a rattling noise in the muffler/driveshaft area. gmc dealer found it was a loose baffle in the muffler. after exhaust system replacement, the sound is gone and has not returned. I get good mileage. has better options than my last new truck(Silverado).

Favorite Features

auto. door locks on my base model. cruise control, cargo light, plow pkg installed, 265/70/r17 aggressive tires.

Suggested Improvements

would agree with other feedbacks regarding the headlights.left to right coverage is poor. installed siderails because of the ground clearance.

poor gas milage
By cabo3

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

My 2014 GMC Sierra has never got more than 15 mpg even on high way driving. Yes--it's 4 wd and the 5200 motor but the door sticker claimed it would get much better. I talked to the dealer and they blame ethanol gas --poor quality gas ect and ect. I have bought gm trucks for over 50 years and this will be my last. My suggestion to anyone looking to buy GM trucks is to make the dealer fill the truck with gas and test it yourself BEFORE you buy. GM lost my business and my respect! My dad used to say there are two things men lie about --women and gas milage but this report is accurate.

Favorite Features

Easy to start--plenty of power! My truck is a base-single cab--1500 V8 and that model was not even on the list to pick from on this survey!

Suggested Improvements

Gas milage is horrible and no where close towindow sticker estimates. Also the driver seat sits too low .

Transmission problem
By mb1951

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Ever since I purchased this truck I have dealt with a transmission that constantly up and down shifts especially at slow speeds. It's as if the computer can't decide what gear the tranny should be in so it keeps switching back and forth between gears. The result is hesitation then clanking as the car accelerates or reduces speed. I have been back to the dealership on multiple occassions and as expected they can't replicate the problem???Ironically anyone I let drive the truck always comes back and says what's up with your transmission. I can't believe I was the only "lucky" guy that purchased a lemon. I wish GMC would at least acknowledge there is an issue!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

I suggest GMC take a hard look at this obvious transmission problem and update their software to resolve this issue!

Its fine
By elcar1

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Strange to read all the horror stories about vibration, clunks, trans slipping. I have a 2014 Sierra V6 WT with the only options of a locking rear differential and a hitch. I crank my windows. Have about 2000 miles on it now. It is quiet, shifts smoothly, rides firm but it is a truck. It is quite powerful if you lay into it, most of the time I don't and it gets 18-19 city. Not sure about hwy yet but indications are it will get the advertised 24 hwy. No rattles or strange noises, actually it is very quiet. I wish it had a better exhaust note. You have to turn down the radio and concentrate to feel it go from V6 to V4 and back. The reg cab lighting could be better.

Favorite Features

Well finished inside and out. Great factory undercoating on frame and brake lines. Mileage is phenominal for the size of it.

Suggested Improvements

Full size trucks have gotten to be too high to step in and out of, and to reach into the bed. This trend needs to reverse. Cab interior lighting could be better. Radio comes on automatically (muted or not muted depending on how it was when you shut the truck off) and there is no programming option to defeat it.