2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
third truck purchase
By s thom on 02/25/15 18:25 PM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

bought new at the springfield, vt. gmc dealership. am very happy with it. initially, I was getting a rattling noise in the muffler/driveshaft area. gmc dealer found it was a loose baffle in the muffler. after exhaust system replacement, the sound is gone and has not returned. I get good mileage. has better options than my last new truck(Silverado).

poor gas milage
By cabo3 on 12/21/14 15:04 PM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

My 2014 GMC Sierra has never got more than 15 mpg even on high way driving. Yes--it's 4 wd and the 5200 motor but the door sticker claimed it would get much better. I talked to the dealer and they blame ethanol gas --poor quality gas ect and ect. I have bought gm trucks for over 50 years and this will be my last. My suggestion to anyone looking to buy GM trucks is to make the dealer fill the truck with gas and test it yourself BEFORE you buy. GM lost my business and my respect! My dad used to say there are two things men lie about --women and gas milage but this report is accurate.

Its fine
By elcar1 on 08/03/14 18:59 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Strange to read all the horror stories about vibration, clunks, trans slipping. I have a 2014 Sierra V6 WT with the only options of a locking rear differential and a hitch. I crank my windows. Have about 2000 miles on it now. It is quiet, shifts smoothly, rides firm but it is a truck. It is quite powerful if you lay into it, most of the time I don't and it gets 18-19 city. Not sure about hwy yet but indications are it will get the advertised 24 hwy. No rattles or strange noises, actually it is very quiet. I wish it had a better exhaust note. You have to turn down the radio and concentrate to feel it go from V6 to V4 and back. The reg cab lighting could be better.