2014 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
2014 Sierra Denali
By mzion on 10/07/14 13:35 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

very disappointed in this pickup. transmission down shifts when going at low speeds and try to speed up. the Navigation system has started acting up by adding 1hr 30 minutes to arrival time on and dealers says nothing they can do. just have to live with it. Totally unacceptable but can't get GMC dealers to even try find the problem.

Nice looks, but quite a step backwards...
By csviper on 10/02/14 08:23 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Just purchased my new 2014 GMC Sierra with all the bells and whistles just a step below a Denali and wow, this thing looks nice, but really it is very similar to a truck I had many years ago. There are a few pieces of technology that are a nice upgrade (when they work), but they also skimped on some of the basics. As shown below some of the items that were standard items years ago are not even options today. The iPhone USB interface is hit or miss with IOS 8.0.2. Sometimes when making/receiving calls you get hand free, sometimes you have to use the phone itself. Also the heads up display is just a red flashing light, no information shown. Maybe next year...

REALLY!!! DONT DO IT. DEALERS TRYING TO GET RID OF OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!!CRAP!!!!!!!!
By tinasfinest on 09/21/14 19:15 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is a beautiful looking truck that everyone stops and stairs. The 50 thousand price tag for a truck that is already rusting at 25k miles and has had the radiator replaced at 11k miles, several recalls, etc. Not worth the money. Stick to the oldie but goodies. Again she is a looker till you look underneath. Don't do it and if you already did such as myself, get rid of it while you can!

Love this 6.2l slt, this is a 6.2L not 5.3
By thatblacktruck on 09/20/14 11:54 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

First off this review is for my 6.2L not the 5.3l. I came from a 2013 GMC denali . this new 2014 is by far better, Very Quiet, and this new 6.2L is a Real Rocket, I am getting yes AVE 17.8 with mostly City driving about 20 miles per day this is amazing compared to my 2013 denali which got Ave 14.8 City. this 2014 I purchased is a mid year build (6/14) and Built in the Indiana plant, and they have done a great job during assembly, things fit well no noises or Rattles and no problems so far. Turning radius is great, no Radio Reception problems I am not sure yet about the headlamps, they seem to be fine, however I do not like the interior lighting, its all LED and no footwell lighting.

2014 Sierra Chassis components (RUST everywhere!!!)
By 2014sierra on 09/06/14 06:08 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

As I stated in my earlier comment, I like this Truck! However, the RUST on the frame rails, cross members, rear axle, body mount brackets (the whole chassis) is totally unacceptable! I am beyond mad at the lack of Corrosion Protection Quality taken . My 2014 Sierra frame has more RUST than the 15 year old GM pickup I traded in for this "new" Sierra. The worst part is there is no way to fix this corrosion, other than the "silent TSB" band-aid @ the dealership! Shame on you GM

2014 Sierra Frame Rust
By 2014sierra on 08/30/14 07:31 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I have my 2014 Sierra now for six months, and the frame rails have RUST all over them! The black wax coating GM used is peeling right off! There is a TSB (technical service bulletin) out there for the dealership to repair. These rails are bare uncoated metal. There are rust areas starting all over the rails, so unless they strip off wax over 100 percent of frame, and redo, the spot fix the TSB describes is useless! Why would you use metal deemed Uncoated/Unexposed for a truck frame? $$$$ How did these frames pass corrosion testing / validation?... Very disappointed GM!

Very satisfied Sierra owner.....exceeding my expectations...
By mbexx on 08/28/14 19:31 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Seems to be numerous mediocre reviews of the Sierra/Silverado on here, and I fully respect each one. But I also felt obligated to offer up my experience to date.....one that is been very positive. I shopped all of the light duty V8 4x4 trucks, and can say objectively they're all good options. What sold the Sierra for me: ride quality. I have none of the vibrations mentioned in other reviews. The Tundra is close, but the road noise is much more pronounced. Interior: Subjective I know, but this 2014 interior is more ergonomic, user friendly, and more upscale than Ram, Tundra, Ford. MPG: I am a consistent 22MPG on highway. Price: Spec for spec, $6K less than others with GMC incentives

16 month review
By telson on 08/20/14 18:11 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Just over 40,000 miles on my 2014 SLT crew. I'm 75% freeway driving.A few recalls taken care of, bluetooth issues, and replacement of poor quality OEM tires, that sums up the repairs it's needed. The factory headlights are sub par, I replaced the factory bulbs with ZXE units with great results. I'm very impressed with this truck overall, it's getting an average of 20 MPG on mostly freeway miles. This truck feels like a Lexus compared to the F150 it replaced, very quiet and smooth. Comfy seats, and a nice ride are also welcome. Great truck overall!

Impressed
By lawman1967 on 08/09/14 07:45 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Traded Mercedes C300 and a Ram 1500 Hemi, and traded both on the Sierra. Mine is an SLE Doublecab with the All-Terrain package and 5.3 V8. I've only had it for 1000 miles so can't really comment on reliability, but truck is very solid going down the road, whisper quiet, smooth, luxurious and just a joy to drive. Its actually more comfortable than the 2011 Mercedes was. The 8" touchscreen stereo with Bose speakers (not listed on sticker or GMC site for SLE, but came with my All-Terrain) sounds great, but the bluetooth and USB connections to my iPhone 5s are a bit flakey. No NAV in my truck, but OnStar works well. Drove 400 miles yesterday, heated bucket seats very comfortable.

Great truck!
By 65wolf on 08/03/14 19:13 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Well I have owned this truck for almost 6 months and have had ZERO issues and one recall to check transmission line leaks and none found. My last truck was a 2013 Chevy Silverado and this truck is a far better vehicle! It drives better has a better turning radius and just has a better feel driving it. I have owned numerous other trucks Fords, Dodges (junk) and Toyota's and they do not equal this truck. I see other reviews that do not have good things to say but I really LIKE this truck! I tow a small bass boat and it pulls it great. The gas mileage is better than my 2013 Chevy but I have yet to hit the 22mpg highway. Hope this helps someone looking at this truck!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 in VA is:

$140 per month*