2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Transmission Faulty
By Paul

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had this truck in the shop 3 times for a shift issue with the transmission; it would have been more but I'm just waiting for my lease to expire so I can get a Ram! The transmission slams into gear at low speeds and the transmission won't shift so the RPM hangs around 4000 rpm until I let my foot off the gas.

Transmission is HORRIBLE
By Landy

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

my 2014 Denali 4x4 crew cab is a head-turner. Looks great, smoothest ride of any truck I've ever owned....However, the transmission is miserable. It's as if it can't decide what gear it supposed to be in at lower speeds. I guess I should have never left Ford

14,700 miles and 1 year in my 2014 Sierra 1500 SLT Double Cab 5.3 4x4
By sduconn

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The truck has been trouble-free, aside from a faultily installed wire in the haptic motor of my "Safety Alert Seat" that has been repaired twice. 2 Scheduled services with oil change/rotation have been free. Gas mileage has been good for a V8 4x4 (about 16 mpg overall). Brakes aren't fussy, though sometimes you have to push hard. Steering feel and handling are what you'd expect from a large truck. Performance from the engine is strong but the transmission upshifts too quickly at times. Interior is very comfortable and improved, seats nicely bolstered - great for long trips. The technology is very easy to use. Road noise is minimal and ride outstanding. Great truck.

- Steps integrated into tailgate - Rear-view camera can be positioned to look at hitch, soft-open tailgate - Very well bolstered seats (much improved interior) - Loaded with features, heated steering wheel and ventilated seats in a truck, safety package - Forward opening doors in extended cab for easy to access backseat - Very quiet cabin

- Recalibrate the transmission! - Headlights could be stronger - Infotainment could be quicker - Steering a bit off-center and uneven brake feel (it is a truck though) - No sunroof offered on Double Cab - No power sliding rear window standard on an almost $50K truck - Should offer plow prep package on 4-door models

Good but has all the right potential.
By josepharkansas

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Have had my 2014 Sierra 1500 Z71 4WD for almost 2 years now. Overall great experience but some understandable set backs. First, exterior styling is awesome, mechanical wise the transmission and engine both run strong, locking rear differential does its job. MPG not bad for power/weight ratio. Major problem I had was driver-side rear axle seal went bad/leaked with just 9,500 miles on it. My owning experience was further dampened by at least 10 reacalls from GM-I udnerstand about small glitches but it left a bad impression. All said I don't believe that GMC are "professional grade." GM vehicles are no doubt better these days but hope they would listen to real owners more attentively.

Roomy, quiet cabin, interior quality is solid. Awesome powerplant & drive line with capable towing to offer wide variety of life styles. Option of locking differential is a big plus.

More ergonomics that can "better" tailor to drivers of various width & height. Offer option of heavy duty brakes even on 1500 series (maybe contract out to Brembo) as an added dealer option? Make a true effort to really build a Professional Grade product like they claim on commecials.

third truck purchase
By s thom

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

bought new at the springfield, vt. gmc dealership. am very happy with it. initially, I was getting a rattling noise in the muffler/driveshaft area. gmc dealer found it was a loose baffle in the muffler. after exhaust system replacement, the sound is gone and has not returned. I get good mileage. has better options than my last new truck(Silverado).

auto. door locks on my base model. cruise control, cargo light, plow pkg installed, 265/70/r17 aggressive tires.

would agree with other feedbacks regarding the headlights.left to right coverage is poor. installed siderails because of the ground clearance.