2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
AWESOME TRUCK
By clearwatereq on 01/07/15 08:33 AM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Had my 14 crew cab SLT over a year and 26,000 trouble free miles. I'm getting a steady 21 mpg highway. Truck is extremely smooth and quiet. I traded in a 2012 Ram and this GMC feels more refined with better on road performance. Great truck overall.

poor gas milage
By cabo3 on 12/21/14 15:04 PM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 2dr Regular Cab LB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

My 2014 GMC Sierra has never got more than 15 mpg even on high way driving. Yes--it's 4 wd and the 5200 motor but the door sticker claimed it would get much better. I talked to the dealer and they blame ethanol gas --poor quality gas ect and ect. I have bought gm trucks for over 50 years and this will be my last. My suggestion to anyone looking to buy GM trucks is to make the dealer fill the truck with gas and test it yourself BEFORE you buy. GM lost my business and my respect! My dad used to say there are two things men lie about --women and gas milage but this report is accurate.

2014 Sierra Impression
By tomcat25 on 12/06/14 21:19 PM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Is GM ever going to hire some who knows how to program an engine/transmission ? I own a 2014 sierra 1500 and have decided I won't put up with the horrible engine and tranny operation any longer.Warranty or not I will have a tune done and it will NOT be anything written by GM. I do know people who have had it done to their trucks,have driven them,and I will do it to mine. How anyone at GM who signs off on these driveline calibrations still has there jobs is beyond me. These people do not know there jobs and need to go. A tuning person with real world knowledge is needed. A laptop, some realistic programming and an hours seat time is literally all that is needed! GM,the public deserves better!

Great truck
By texasenior on 12/06/14 19:54 PM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Sierra for about six months. I have not experienced any problems what so ever. If you are easy on the gas and drive sensibly I get from 18 to 20 MPG around town and usually 25 MPG hiway. My best 25 mile average was 32.5 MPG between Houston & Galveston. Very quit ride, better than my Cadillac and just as smooth. I feel very safe and comfortable in my first truck.

OFF OF THE DRAWING BOARD TOO FAST!!!!!
By rodrickj on 11/09/14 07:29 AM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

When I first saw this truck it was love at first site. However, after driving it over 5000 miles, I started to hear a hum in the rear end. To make a long story short, the druck has been in the shop for a total of 3 months. The differential has been rebuilt, drive shaft replaced, rebuilt deferential taken out and brand new differential installed, driver seat had to be shimmed, and a total of 3 recalls. You would think that after all of that the problem would have been solved, WRONG, I still have a hum in my rear end and a pain in the other. It is a shame that a billion dollar company like GM won't admit that they made a screw up with at least my Sierra. I can't recommend to anyone.

Great Truck
By lawman1967 on 11/04/14 05:10 AM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Sierra SLE 4X4 All-Terrain for three months now, though I've only been driving it for one of those months as it was rear-ended by a Hummer (no frame damage) and in the body shop for a month, then I was away for three weeks of military duty. Still in those 5 weeks of driving I've put over 8,000 miles on the truck and have a pretty good idea of its capabilities and performance. The truck remains an absolute joy to drive, no squeaks, supremely comfortable seats and quiet ride. Fuel economy up to 24 MPG at 75 MPH which is OUTSTANDING for a V8 4X4.

Highway Cruiser
By bigw2014 on 11/03/14 15:12 PM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is great on the highway - smooth ride even empty, unbelievably quiet, comfortable seats, lots of luxury features. I am coming out of an Infiniti SUV and this thing compares very favorably with it on the highway. I am getting about 19-20 on the highway thanks to the cylinder deactivation, which you can only see indicated on the dash, you never feel it at all. It feels like a Mercedes, everything is solid and tight - hard to believe this is a GM product it seems so well-built. I drive country roads at night, the lights are ok - not horrible not great. Get the fog lights, they help. I run the fog lights all the time.

Mileage numbers reasonably accurate
By papanav on 11/02/14 07:59 AM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

As of this writing have 7600 miles on my truck with most of that mileage highway miles. I consistently get 22 mpg and did get 24.8 mpg on a trip to Delaware. I have a tonneau cover which I am sure helps with mileage and I noticed on flat terrain the truck runs in 4 cylinders and 6th a lot, hence good mileage. When I pull my trailer with my compact tractor the mileage drops off considerable because it is working much harder. I get about 12-14 mpg in that configuration. Very smooth running truck, comfortable and good looking.

Don't do it! Bad truck
By qzationsa on 10/23/14 04:15 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have written a few reviews now and somehow they keep getting taken down. This truck is by far the worst truck I have ever owned. The transmission hunts for gears and bangs and clangs. GM said that's normal. The seat has broken 4 times and has been replaced, still broken. Headlights are a joke and a safety issue when it is wet out. Nothing in the truck works right. GPS cannot find addresses, and that ride, awful. When I hit a bump I get a ping in the rear end. Again, according to GM normal. If you like to drive you don't want this truck. I love looking at this truck but I cannot stand driving it. It's awful, its slow and those gears are some of the worst I have ever experienced.

Transmission problem
By mb1951 on 10/17/14 16:46 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Ever since I purchased this truck I have dealt with a transmission that constantly up and down shifts especially at slow speeds. It's as if the computer can't decide what gear the tranny should be in so it keeps switching back and forth between gears. The result is hesitation then clanking as the car accelerates or reduces speed. I have been back to the dealership on multiple occassions and as expected they can't replicate the problem???Ironically anyone I let drive the truck always comes back and says what's up with your transmission. I can't believe I was the only "lucky" guy that purchased a lemon. I wish GMC would at least acknowledge there is an issue!!!!!!