2014 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Worst truck ever owned in 40 years
By mad1980 on 07/01/14 09:39 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

6 month update. Gm has not fixed any thing since new. Radio GPS headlights are still awfull. 5 Recalls so far. New problems leather coming off seats,look like 50 year old bomber jacket. Dash settings constantly reset, rattles every where,seems dealer can not hear it. Was getting 16 mpg,after fire flash recall dropped to 13-14,dealer says that was expected. (not when I bought it), Tried to trade it in on new Toyota,they would not take it. $50k pos. Advertised as professional grade, the only thing I am getting professional at is taking it to the dealer

2014Sierra Slt 4x4
By dave572 on 05/12/14 08:42 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my new truck September 2013. I made the mistake of paying for the heated/cooled seat option. Big mistake. In cooling mode hot air blows on rear seat passengers. I was told after a few miles the air will cool off.top. The hot air still blows hot after 75 miles. Since I usually have a person in the back seat that is a waste of money. Also after 75-100 miles it feels like I am sitting on a fist sized rock. Guess what, the dealer reps got in and out of the truck and stated they could not duplicate my complaint. Initially I got 21.5 to 22.5 mpg at 68mph. Whick was why I boutght the truck. After a recall I now get 18 if lucky. I am looking to trade it off for a Ford.

Second 2014 Sierra
By qzationsa on 05/09/14 04:59 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I wrote a few articles now "looks good drives poor" Unfortunately I need to make a third. After GM bought back my 14 z71 and I ordered a Denali, more problems. The steering wheel was off from the factory. If you hold it straight you will crash. It is currently in the shop for a faulty gas pedal. Once again the driver's seat has broken. The backup camera and audio only works when it wants. Drive like whip lash and a throttle response that is poor at best. The 2013 rental Tahoe I currently have drives like a dream compared to this truck. I like the idea of the truck, but the execution is awful. A new truck should not require me to have an outside company tune the computer. Get a F15

25,000 miles on my 2014 Sierra Slt
By leonizean on 04/22/14 20:24 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Well what can i say. I Fell in love with the way she looks. to those who have not put any real miles on there vehicles yet the problems only get worse. I never tow or haul anything i strictly drive freeway. no off road. Let me list a few problems i have. windshield leaks into the cab, windows are loud at freeway speed, rattling in the cab, headlights suck at night, suspension when wet creeks badly, truck chirps about 55 mph. Satellite gps quits randomly,usb ports stopped working,110 volt outlet quit, transmission slips, transmission searches for gears randomly shifts,Today 4/22/14 she lost power going up hill. i am in a love hate relationship with my truck these days.

Worthless
By gunthergetter on 04/15/14 07:52 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I was so excited when the 2014 gmc came out. They where a nice change of appearance. Although once you buy one the story changes. The headlights are horrible, very difficult to see at night. The transmission has no clue what is should be doing, shifting when it should not be and not shifting when it should and makes loud noises. Absolutely no FM/AM radio reception, anywhere. I have not yet found a comfortable seat/head rest position. Now that i have this truck i do not look forward to driving it.

Bad Deal
By stik1 on 03/17/14 11:38 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Got 2014 Sierra All Terrain in sept 13. Healights are terrible to the point of dangerous. Far too dim. Had to install after market off-road lites. GM would not acknowledge problem. 4 wheel drive would not engage while stuck in snow high range. Engine would not accelerate. Transmission clunks and shifts strangely. Seems to hang up between gears at low speed acceleration and slips. Truck has already been recalled 3 times. Now it is leaking ant-freeze and will heed to go back to dealer. It will be a Dodge Ram next time.

Not a happy GMC owner
By silverct on 02/28/14 16:05 PM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bottom line, if you want to 'see' where you are going, don't buy this truck. This is my third GMC, and it is becoming a bigger disappointment every day. I have pictures to post if I could figure out how to do it.. ps... my ride is an SLE 5.3 double cab... that model is not listed in the choices above

Nice truck, but the driveability is questionable
By jgedde on 02/08/14 17:26 PM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The Edmunds review does a good job of describing the trucks good sides. OK, now for the downsides. The throttle response on this truck is an absolute disgrace. There is a delay before your right foot's motion changes acceleration. That and the transmission's obsession with getting into the highest gear possible makes a sluggish combination during normal driving. A downshift sometimes takes several seconds! If this is all for fuel economy, I could possibly understand, but the economy, so far, isn't much better than the 2005 5.3 Avalanche this truck replaced. Maybe because I'm pushing this truck too hard trying to get it to respond to my right foot... Shoulda got the Ram...

2014 GMC Sierra All terrain SLT
By mad1980 on 01/20/14 09:24 AM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I think you owe us an apology. You seemed to think the 2014 GMC sierra was a decent truck. I would like to let you in on the problems that most of the people are having with these trucks. Many rattles inside truck,FM radio can't hold a strong signal even sitting still, I have the Bose system and all I get is very nice sounding static.(think it is on purpose to make us buy XM) The headlights are so dull we are afraid to drive at night as they only light about 3-4 car lengths ahead even on high beam (no actual high beam light just a filter that moves to let out more light). Rear shocks that leak and make noises. Water leaks to the interior. Power rear sliding windows that the cables break and

Long term Update
By qzationsa on 01/12/14 09:13 AM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I wrote the review "looks good, drives poor" Here an update with 4000 miles. The truck has continued to be a disappointment. I had to replace bolt rear shocks due to leaks. The drives seat broke, twice. I'm not a huge guy about 160 lbs and the seat keeps breaking. Drivability of this truck is poor, shifts are still very questionable both upshifts and down shifts. On a recent 650 mile highway drive, the truck shifted quite a bit on cruse at 74 mph. Average mpg on trip 17.3 Awful. MPG has declined and I average about 14.8. Compared to my 07 5.3 Silverado its about 3 mpg less. Maybe I got a bad one, but how many bad ones are out

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 in VA is:

$177 per month*