Used 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Driving in Comfort
By tomerikac

2012 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I drove full size pickups for over 25 years then, due to marriage, started driving small cars/minivans for 5 years. Upon retirement, decided to go back to a full size pickup. Found this two yr. old 2012 ext. cab. 5.3l, 6-speed, 20" wheels, chromed out, tonneau, dual exhaust, bed liner, led lights, 16k miles for only $22.9k. Bought it from a 70 yr. old retiree. True, we would all love better gas mileage, but now that I'm retired and driving less miles per year, I love driving this truck. Has been trouble free and very dependable. My young kids love it, too. I'm hoping to drive this thing off into the sunset, or until my wife/kids tell me that I'm just too old to drive.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, dependable, stylish body, quiet, roomy. I also like the front bench seat with the fold down storage/arm rest. Feels roomier in front. Build quality seems tops, sturdy, solid, durable paint, suspension, Really "feels" like a truck should.

Suggested Improvements

In my mind, the interior design, layout, and look are not as aesthetic as a Ford or Dodge, but it is functional and in my experience, the GMC was less expensive than comparable Fords or Dodges.