2011 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
2011 gmc 5.3l flex fuel
By outdrmn on 09/10/14 22:36 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck 2 years ago with 7,000 miles. It now has 51,000 miles. Been a very comfortable truck, but when it comes to what you need a truck with a v8 for it doesn't work. I run mobile 1 synthetic oil and change every 5,000 miles. Yet when towing a vintage camper (2,600lbs) and a 4x4 4 wheeler in the bed the truck won't pull a hill at 45 without overheating with no more than 2,500 miles on oil change. Also a 3 year old truck I have had to reinstall the door bumper guards since they fell off at 37,000 miles, comfortable truck but the the GMC brand I knew growing up, I'd gladly take my 09 silverado back

Is This Another GMC Cover-Up
By cpaandcfsa on 07/02/14 20:42 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 SL 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My parents were driving N on I95 this weekend from FL to VA. The truck's door locks went up & down; the lights flashed on & off; and then, the truck's operating system shut down. The engine, power steering, power brakes nor anything else did not work. Couldn't steer the truck & barely able to stop from 70 mph. 300 miles later, it happened again. Fearing for their lives, they did not stop the rest of the way home. When they took it to the dealer, he said that the "positive post" had come "loose". This did not seem reasonable & far-fetched to my father since he had observed the battery posts that week himself. Is this another cover-up by GMC when more lives are at stake?

Steering feels cheap
By heresmyopinion on 04/01/12 22:28 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the truck in Sept. and I gotta say, this is one smooth driving pickup. If I had the extra dough, the SLT would have been the way to go. The door handles are in a bad spot, passengers have a hard time finding them. The cab is already starting to make noise and the steering feels REAL cheap, I'm planning on bring it to the dealer to have it checked out. Fuel economy is good, averaging around 17 mpg. The 5.3 liter has great power, with the truck loaded up, but I haven't towed anything heavy yet so I'm not sure how the truck would handle or brake. The leather interior is very comfortable, even on long trips and you can't beat the full size room. Got a good deal and dealership was great.

My little GMC work truck
By krausee on 06/16/11 17:52 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love my little work truck, short bed, 4.3 engine. Why? Because I paid 15,900 for it minus a 750 dollar USAA rebate. It's my third new GMC/Chevy in 10 years and I expect it to be as reliable as the previous trucks.

Love This Truck
By ewrob on 06/12/11 14:45 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

i just bought this truck and i dont want to get out of it,it has the 5.3 afm on it and i cannot tell when it switches between 8cyl to 4 i had drove the f150 which is a very good truck but i think the sierra has it beat hands down

Old technology-Drum brakes
By 2011sierraslt on 12/12/10 07:39 AM (PST)

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Drum brakes! List price 38k + and I got drum brake on the rear-end. Maybe they wouldn't need all those air bags to get the 5 star safety rating if the truck could stop. Put disc brake all the way around.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 in VA is:

$129 per month*