Generally a good truck
By tyrex on
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
Factory ordered my 2010 SLT 4x4 after my 2007 SLT 4x4 lease expired. Surprisingly, I had a lot of driver seat discomfort with the new truck which I resolved after several months by finding a shop that knew GM seats and showed me how to add foam in the seat and back cushions for extra support. (The 2007 had better seats.) The 6 speed transmission is fine but sometimes is a bit sticky, wanting to stay in a lower gear too long. This truck has been back to the dealer 3 times for minor electronic components problems which were covered by warranty. Fuel mileage is good and better than the 2007. Overall, I'm happy with the truck after 16 months and 33,000 km.
Favorite Features
Interior and exterior design is good, motor is reliable and powerful, 2 wheel - auto AWD - 4 wheel drive feature is excellent, remote start great in northern climates, back seat is comfortable for passengers on longer hauls and the truck had the best gas mileage of 5 GM trucks I've owned in the last ten years. Blue tooth feature works great as well.
Suggested Improvements
The previous SLT's I owned had 10 way power seats with 4 way lumbar support. (i.e like the Denali's still have). I think GM should bring these seats back to the SLT models because based on my experience, comfort level just is not what it should be.. Stereo and heater control buttons could also be made a bit larger. Position of the transmission select control should be exchanged with the light control so that transmission select light is not hidden be steering wheel.