Used 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Very good but could be better
By nibs

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Just turned 36k on my MY10. I've the SLT, aluminum 5.3 engine, external oil cooler, Z71 package. 10K of the milage has been done while towing a 12ft enclosed trailer with a sled and gear in the in it. No issues towing but the transmission is clunky. There is squeaking from the doors. The seats could be plusher and have more power settings. I'd like to have the option to be able extend the steering wheel as well. I do not like the hard plastic. I like that the Sierra is not a tank of a truck like the Ford, Dodge and Toyota. Fuel economy is ok but I think it could be better. The edge of my rims seem to have deteriorated and that should not have happened so soon.

I like the aluminum motor and the 5.3 engine is great. It is more nimble than the competition. Fuel economy isn't too bad. Remote start is a great feature. Auto 4WD is nice too. I like the USB, phone options. The heavy duty transmission, rear end etc is what attracted me to the truck (as well as the engine and look of the truck).

I'd like a posher interior. More comfortable seats with more functionality. I want the plastic gone. Extendable steering wheel is important to me. Sound proofing, tighter build and fewer rattles. I'd also like GM to deal with rear axle kick out. This is something that happens over rough roads and even with lots of weight on, it remains a concern. Smoothing of the transmission is needed. 6 speed if fine but if it is clunky, it is a negative driving experience. At this point I think GM ought to resolve some of these concerns retroactively. Some of use paid big money for their product and they should be thankful for it.

GMC Z-71 4x4 All Terrain
By usapatrick

We traded in a 2000 Chevy 4X4 ext cab, 5.3 loaded with over 128K trouble free miles. This truck was the obvious replacement. Better looking than the new Chevrolet, now are priced the same with higher resale value. We did not bother with Ford since their warranty and 4 more engines changes showed us instability from within. This truck now has 5000 miles and is up to 16 mpg in town, 20+ mpg hgwy. We got it loaded with leather, buckets etc except sun roof and NAV. The Z-71 4X4 All Terrain package is a bargain. The new 5.3 V8 with the 6 speed automatic is much better than the old power train. We had the dealer put in the wheel well liners, Ziebart and more chrome. Look no further, buy one!

mpg, looks, comfort, performance, great paint-fit & finish, leather/heated bucket seats are great. LEER camper shell painted to match = better mpg. BOSE stereo is unbelievable for factory build. our Brother in law with a new Ford super cab f150 4x4 (same color) loves our truck, now questions his decision. our GMC 5.3 V8 beats his Ford 5.4 V8 in all aspects.

don't install import brand tires

2010 GMC 6.2 liter extended cab pickup
By danlaur

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best pickup that I have owned. the pros are: 1. power 2. towing capability 3. looks 4. comfort 5. build quality Cons are: 1. fuel mileage

Shockingly Nice Truck
By DRB

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I am one of those horrible people who only review things that are really bad or really good, those truck is definitely the latter. I got the 5.3 extended cab, leather, basically everything. This nicer than most cars I've been in and its as quiet as my wife's Honda Accord. GM has come a long way, the interior no longer feels cheap and flimsy. The sound from the engine when you accelerate sounds like a symphony. If you are considering a truck, I would recommend at least driving one and with all the discounts on the 2010's it was hard to pass up, 10 grand off the sticker. I would buy this truck again in a heartbeat.

The leather seat make it feel like a luxury car. The acceleration is spectacular. Plenty of room for everything.

Heated outside mirrors and seat should be standard at this level. I bought an SLE, unfortunately if you want a deal on a 2010 you have to choose from what's on the lot.

need minor details
By pierre

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I owned fords for 12 years this is my first GMC. simply love the truck. however the door handle needs to be moved. Minor details. My left knee lays right up against it.And for someone w/bad knees it can get uncomfortable. it is the smoothest riding truck i have owned. But the door handle gets a low grade.

the smooth ride, hands free phone

relocate the door handle