Used 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Generally a good truck
By tyrex

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Factory ordered my 2010 SLT 4x4 after my 2007 SLT 4x4 lease expired. Surprisingly, I had a lot of driver seat discomfort with the new truck which I resolved after several months by finding a shop that knew GM seats and showed me how to add foam in the seat and back cushions for extra support. (The 2007 had better seats.) The 6 speed transmission is fine but sometimes is a bit sticky, wanting to stay in a lower gear too long. This truck has been back to the dealer 3 times for minor electronic components problems which were covered by warranty. Fuel mileage is good and better than the 2007. Overall, I'm happy with the truck after 16 months and 33,000 km.

Interior and exterior design is good, motor is reliable and powerful, 2 wheel - auto AWD - 4 wheel drive feature is excellent, remote start great in northern climates, back seat is comfortable for passengers on longer hauls and the truck had the best gas mileage of 5 GM trucks I've owned in the last ten years. Blue tooth feature works great as well.

The previous SLT's I owned had 10 way power seats with 4 way lumbar support. (i.e like the Denali's still have). I think GM should bring these seats back to the SLT models because based on my experience, comfort level just is not what it should be.. Stereo and heater control buttons could also be made a bit larger. Position of the transmission select control should be exchanged with the light control so that transmission select light is not hidden be steering wheel.

Great Truck, Great Brand
By Vermonter

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is the third GM truck that I have owned, and this is the best so far. Very comfortable ride,lots of power,and for a truck it has good gas mileage,17.8 miles per gallon. Interior isn't fancy, but it's functional and easy to use. The only complaint is that the headliner rattles a bit, but the dealer says they can fix it. I have had no major issues with my other GM trucks and am not expecting any with the is one, overall great truck!

Still not Toyota Quality
By North Dakota

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this truck to handle snow (4x4) and because they had a dealership in the small town I moved to. After 6 months of driving and 5k miles, does not match Toyota quality. I traded in a 2003 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 4-door 4x2 that had 48k miles for this truck. It had zero squeaks and reliability was perfect. The GMC 6 speed transmission slips, shifts hard and hesitates at times. The driverís door squeaks any time you hit bumps, wash boards or rough pavement. The upside is the fuel economy (better than my Toyota v6). The appearance is bold, which is a personal opinion. Will stick with Toyota next time and make the trip for service in the highly unlikely chance it needs it...

- Fuel mileage - Exterior bold look

- Improve build quality - Improve 6 speed shifting - Reduce road noise coming from back of cab - Aesthetics, reduce extensive use of textured plastic (doors especially)

Awesome Truck
By In New Mexico

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have done my research before I bought my truck. I can Say is WOW. I really love this truck. The Styling, Comfort, the Ride is outstanding.

The 20" Chrome Wheels

There is road noise coming from the back of the cab. Maybe GM will improve this. Its not bad, but I can turn the radio on or up a bit more.

Why is there no active fuel management?
By Jock Russell

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Yukons have active fuel management 22 mpg why not the truck truck only gets 17 mpg if lucky this was a poor design

Styling and interior are great

This gas guzzler needs the active fuel management like they have on the other models like Yukons/Denali

• SUV