Used 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

2010 GMC Sierra 1500

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Very good but could be better
By nibs

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Just turned 36k on my MY10.
I've the SLT, aluminum 5.3 engine, external oil cooler, Z71 package.
10K of the milage has been done while towing a 12ft enclosed trailer with a sled and gear in the in it.
No issues towing but the transmission is clunky.
There is squeaking from the doors.
The seats could be plusher and have more power settings.
I'd like to have the option to be able extend the steering wheel as well.
I do not like the hard plastic.
I like that the Sierra is not a tank of a truck like the Ford, Dodge and Toyota.
Fuel economy is ok but I think it could be better.
The edge of my rims seem to have deteriorated and that should not have happened so soon.

I like the aluminum motor and the 5.3 engine is great. It is more nimble than the competition. Fuel economy isn't too bad. Remote start is a great feature. Auto 4WD is nice too. I like the USB, phone options. The heavy duty transmission, rear end etc is what attracted me to the truck (as well as the engine and look of the truck).

I'd like a posher interior. More comfortable seats with more functionality. I want the plastic gone. Extendable steering wheel is important to me. Sound proofing, tighter build and fewer rattles. I'd also like GM to deal with rear axle kick out. This is something that happens over rough roads and even with lots of weight on, it remains a concern. Smoothing of the transmission is needed. 6 speed if fine but if it is clunky, it is a negative driving experience. At this point I think GM ought to resolve some of these concerns retroactively. Some of use paid big money for their product and they should be thankful for it.

GMC Z-71 4x4 All Terrain
By usapatrick

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We traded in a 2000 Chevy 4X4 ext cab, 5.3 loaded with over 128K trouble free miles. This truck was the obvious replacement. Better looking than the new Chevrolet, now are priced the same with higher resale value. We did not bother with Ford since their warranty and 4 more engines changes showed us instability from within. This truck now has 5000 miles and is up to 16 mpg in town, 20+ mpg hgwy. We got it loaded with leather, buckets etc except sun roof and NAV. The Z-71 4X4 All Terrain package is a bargain. The new 5.3 V8 with the 6 speed automatic is
much better than the old power train. We had the dealer put in the wheel well liners, Ziebart and more chrome. Look no further, buy one!

mpg, looks, comfort, performance, great paint-fit & finish, leather/heated bucket seats are great. LEER camper shell painted to match = better mpg. BOSE stereo is unbelievable for factory build. our Brother in law with a new Ford super cab f150 4x4 (same color) loves our truck, now questions his decision. our GMC 5.3 V8 beats his Ford 5.4 V8 in all aspects.

don't install import brand tires

Generally a good truck
By tyrex

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Factory ordered my 2010 SLT 4x4 after my 2007 SLT 4x4 lease expired. Surprisingly, I had a lot of driver seat discomfort
with the new truck which I resolved after several months by finding a shop that knew GM seats and showed me how to add foam in the seat and back cushions for extra support. (The 2007 had better seats.)
The 6 speed transmission is fine but sometimes is a bit sticky, wanting to stay in a lower gear too long. This truck has been back to the dealer 3 times for minor
electronic components problems which were covered by warranty. Fuel mileage is good and better than the 2007. Overall,
I'm happy with the truck after 16 months and 33,000 km.

Interior and exterior design is good, motor is reliable and powerful, 2 wheel - auto AWD - 4 wheel drive feature is excellent, remote start great in northern climates, back seat is comfortable for passengers on longer hauls and the truck had the best gas mileage of 5 GM trucks I've owned in the last ten years. Blue tooth feature works great as well.

The previous SLT's I owned had 10 way power seats with 4 way lumbar support. (i.e like the Denali's still have). I think GM should bring these seats back to the SLT models because based on my experience, comfort level just is not what it should be.. Stereo and heater control buttons could also be made a bit larger. Position of the transmission select control should be exchanged with the light control so that transmission select light is not hidden be steering wheel.

2010 Sierra 5.3 v8 reg cab short-box
By tommy

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Note that I bought a rare configuration: 5.3 V8 in a SLE short box reg cab with Z60 sport suspension (this web site did not allow me to select this description). Traded a Silverado WT 4.3 V6 SB for this one. what a difference in ride, quietness and power. This truck is a rocket and is more maneuverable than my old long box.

power, quietness, looks, value.

Reg cab style should have side moldings on box as well as on the doors. Would like bumper guard option.

Great Truck, Great Brand
By Vermonter

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is the third GM truck that I have owned, and this is the best so far. Very comfortable ride,lots of power,and for a truck it has good gas mileage,17.8 miles per gallon. Interior isn't fancy, but it's functional and easy to use. The only complaint is that the headliner rattles a bit, but the dealer says they can fix it. I have had no major issues with my other GM trucks and am not expecting any with the is one, overall great truck!