2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Review: NICE TRUCK, but backwards part

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Review

SLE Crew Cab Pickup (4.8L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.8 ft. Bed)

NICE TRUCK, but backwards parts!!!!
By kbuicker on

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck had a number of problems in the 9 months I owned it. By the time I traded it, I had recorded 17 records! Here are a couple problems I dealt with: When the truck idled while rolling, it sounded like there were pebbles in the wheels and a loud 'whistle.' Service said the truck had a bad alternator and replaced it; problem persisted. Later, they replaced the waterpump; Problem fixed. Later I noticed the truck would SLAM into gear when idling down the road... problem turned out to be a transmission part installed backwards! Wow! This may of triggered a recall? I traded the truck.

Bluetooth, OnStar, auto headlights, nice armrest, much more comfortable that my last Dodge Truck (ride and ergos).

Build it right GMC! You charge alot for your trucks, I would think they would be built better! I guess Consumer Reports agrees with me! NOTE: I WOULD BUY ANOTHER, but would be nervous doing so.