2009 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Maybe DODGE next time???

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Review

Maybe DODGE next time???
By kg on

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have the experience of driving botht he F-150 and the new GMC and I have to honestly say after owning both vehicle, that the F-150 seems more solid. The 6 speed transmission shift funny, it shifts when it seems like it should hold the gear longer and downshifts when it shouldn't. Sometimes for no reason at all, it will just shift hard. I pull a 6000 pound camper trailer with my GMC and pulled the same one with the F-150. The GMC transmition is just not up to the task. If a GMC can not do a truck's job, who can?? Perhaps Dodge, I hear they make a good truck these days. Hopefully GM will take a serious look at their trans in next years model, and consider a recall on current ones.

Favorite Features

Love GM different package features in their truck lines. They are better than ford. You can pretty much get and pay for features you want and leave the ones you do not want/need.

Suggested Improvements

Dump, or figure out a cure for the lazy 6 speed tranny, and you might actually have a truck that will not make a guy feel bad after they have paid over 46000.00 for!! How about a recall when you have figured out a cure. Too bad, I really like my GM dealer too.