Hey GM Designers Quit taking stupid pills
By takeabreak on
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
GMC = Government Motors Crap! WHere do I start, Fuel economy sucks, 2 mps less than rated, been checked out no mechanical reasons, not driver error I drive conservatively. Vehicles, people and objects disappear behind the review mirror because of the lowered roof line, I cannot clean the windshield because of the sloped design. Your seats suck, around a 1,000 miles the foam starting softer and I now feel like I am sinking in the seat, very uncomfortable, no left ffo rest, so I am sliding around when braking. Noisey peace of crap, stop klunks, bumps and thumps, hard downshifts.
Favorite Features
Less head room, right edge of right foot gets caught on plastic shield next to accelerator. Objects/vehicle disappering behind review mirror when cornering. 2 feet of wasted dash board depth, because sloped windshield. less shoulder room than my 1989 Sierra, cheaper seats crap seat than the 89, less head room, less shoulder. worse fuel economy
Suggested Improvements
read the above after you quit taking stupid pills, [violative content deleted].
By logistics1
on 08/08/11 20:42 PM (PDT)

My brother in law is, in lack of a more defined description, a radical whiner . Complaining about things without merit or just cause / reason. "Takeabreak" needs to do just that, and wake up after he's done. Have you driven a 1500 4X4 Ram lately ? Or perhaps a Ford F-150 in similar class and options ? I drive and test vehicles to all extent. Utilizing the 4x4 to not climb a curb, but as we all would in dyer situations. How about towing a 9500 lb camper, or pulling a 8400 lb boat out of a slip at 50 degree angles with the tailpipe of the truck submerged and no weight in the box for traction. 2006 through 2010, Ford, Dodge, and yes, GMC and Chevrolet. After 500 yards with a F-150, i wanted out, but gave it a chance. The 2008 F-150 with 44,000 klm and very well maintained and clean, felt the same to drive as the 19 year old Sears riding mower that i gave to my wifes cousin for parts. The Hemi in the 2008 Ram 1500 4x4, ,also a 4 door, felt like it could pull a camper, so i gave it that chance. The 9400 LB "Pilgrim" camper won, as the Dodge felt like it met its match. My foot to the floor and we were going nowhere fast. The truck bogged out badly, with no power to pull. Off to Dodge i went, and after $112.45 of shop fee's for a full diagnosis, the mechanic said the truck was tip top. When i asked the mechanic why it labored so badly at pulling a 9400 lb camper, he took me where ears were less abundant, saying; " because there's a Ram on the hood, not a bow-tie " Insinuating a Chev was what i needed. The other Dodge issue was the 13.2 mpg when driving with the cruise set, on level ground, non stop, dry temp's at 80 klm /hr. So i jumped into the GMC Sierra , 2008, clean but had 206,000 + klm on the old farm horse, and thought it wasnt a fair comparison seeing as the F-150 & Dodge were all so pretty and ship-shape. But i thought what the hell, and off i went. The 80 klm/hr set on the cruise for 58 klm, the on board driver info center gave me 29 mpg. So i hooked the 9400 lb camper on and away i went. I think the Sierra growled at me as it tore up the 45 degree grade like i wasnt towing an empty kiddie pool. The comfort was exceptional as even though the owner jumped in and out of it a couple dozen times a day for the past few years, the drivers seat held up with only a cigarette burn and strong under seat foam. The A/C was cold and the fuel mileage was acceptable at 19.3 when towing that monster. Stability was also good, as minimal sway kept us straight ahead at all times. Not partial to GMC, but i can only say 3 words, "i want one".