GM Makes Great Trucks!
By Kevin on
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Was looking at Tacoma (don't need a big truck) extended cab & test drove one for the weekend, and I have to say the GMC blows it away for build quality, ergonomics, power, and gets nearly the same mileage. I guess the large size can be a minor inconvenience but the Sierra is so much better than any smaller truck, I opted for full size. Get the power folding side mirrors! Small things like touching the turn signal, and it blinks three times for easy lane changes, power seats for driver/passenger, options for interior lights, door locking, etc. The Sierra makes me believe GM really knows how to design & deliver a fantastic vehicle, which gives me confidence they'll be around a long time.
Favorite Features
Power folding side mirrors, one touch-three blinks turn signal, power, mileage (16 city), interior design, XM radio, extended cab rear seating, step tubes, information & instrument display, auto-sense starter, great 4WD switching platform, towing capacity. Love the aftermarket spray in liner.
Suggested Improvements
Make this truck 25% smaller (in addition to the full size line) & it'll dominate the small truck class. I'm a picky truck buyer & this one is the best I've ever driven or owned.