First Truck, Great Choice
By Dale in WV on
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
I sent three months looking at the various options. I came close to purchasing the Toyota Tundra. The 2009 GMC Sierra is golden. I have forgotten to turn it off when stopped at times becuase the engine is so quite. It rides like a luxury SUV. Functionality and features are great. Would like to have had the ITBC since it has the towing package. It handles a little bit looser than the Toyota but the power is the same or better. I went on some WV mountains on Route 50 and it pulled up just fine. It wanted to go a little too fast down the mountain so I downshifted instead of overusing my breaks which worked fine. I haven't towed my 8K trailer yet which should be the test.
Favorite Features
I love the Onstar and XM radio with controls on the steering wheel. I haven't setup my Bluetooth yet but know that will be a plus.
Suggested Improvements
REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER !!!!! PLEASE! Can't believe it has defrosted side mirrows but not the rear window. Overhead console doesn't have sunglass case/holder. Directions on how to install aftermarket breaking systITBC when the trailering/hitch feature is setup. Light in the glove compartment.