2009 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
'09 SIERRA GREAT TRUCK / VALUE
By SHAFE-2 on 01/15/10 17:10 PM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I replaced a full sized car and older “weekender” work p/u truck with this 1 vehicle. My daily highway commute is a joy. I had delayed this purchase for 2 years. Rebates, program discount and cash4clunkers made this too good to ignore. I am so glad I purchased this truck as it has more than exceeded my expectations. Solid, comfortable ride. Dual pwr buckets, large console, 60/40 rear flipup seats, give this cabin tons of room for extras and very spacious. 3 to 4 people are comfortable on short trips. I enjoy the trailering package, backup sensor, full open rear doors, large trailering mirrors. Dealer replaced a deformed drivers door molding, but still experience excessive wind noise

GMC Mistake
By Dave on 01/07/10 15:10 PM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I wish I had never bought this truck. The brakes are noisy, keep having Cruise control malfunctions, heater only works driving down the road, heater even quits going around a corner. Back seat is a nuisance compared to the 05 gmc I had before. Fuel mileage stinks. I wish they had offered the buy back in 60 days when I purchased this one. Won't buy another one.

Love My GMC
By Johnnyz on 01/01/10 06:14 AM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a my 2009 GMC Sierra Quad Cab Z71 4x4 with the 5.3L and SLE2 pkg. on January 2, 2009. I did have some issues with the brakes (high spots on rotors and drums) when first purchased but those have been resolved. The reason why I purchased the truck was to consolidate; traded in a S10 and Nissan Xterra for a 4 door pickup b/c twins were on the way. This is the first year of the 6 speed auto so it still needs some refinement. Love the gas mileage but can't wait until they put out a pickup with a smaller diesel engine. Handling and torque are excellent.

Good Experience Minus the Mileage
By pontiac301hell on 12/22/09 01:50 AM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

So far this truck has been great and reliable. I drive it in mixed conditions and have not had a problem yet for reliability. The truck starts no problem when I don't have a plug in available in the cold(-42 the other week). The cylinder shut down for improved mileage does not seem to work overly well. Sofar the best mileage I've been able to pull is 15 mpg while cruising at 110 km/h.

Big rebate did not help----over paid
By John on 12/15/09 15:05 PM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has numerous quality control issues. I wish I did not take the rebate so I could take it back. I found the sticker amusing regarding the price to operate this truck per year is based gas at $1.90 a gallon. Read the little numbers on the mileage because it states "most will get between 11 to 15 per gallon". I must be part of the most crowd.

Beyond Excellent Truck
By B on 11/02/09 19:47 PM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is amazing. I traded a great 2001 Silverado in and cannot believe the comfort of this truck and the ease of driving it. It's the quietest, smoothest, most comfortable truck ever. It's one amazing vehicle.

cant find better
By stuart green on 10/19/09 17:42 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

i have shopped around in the last few weeks looking for a new truck and i cant find anything i like better than what i have at moment the gmc sierra

'09 Sierra Ext 5.3L Stealth Gray
By Eric Henson on 09/02/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The dealership was great in selling me what I wanted. I looked at Dodge, Ford and Toyota and I kept going back to the Sierra. I love this truck for the look and the price.

High Speed Vibration
By nice shakey ride on 08/28/09 13:26 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this o9 after the deals made it to good not to get rid of 05 Right from beginning i have had a vibration from rear of truck at 70 mph and up the dealership tried swapping tires with brand new truck same tires same result GM has told the dealership what to check as they had and am now being told that i have to live with it I would like to hear from anyone that has had similar problem Truck only has 2000 miles on it something isn't right

Truck
By josh on 08/14/09 21:10 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Since I got the truck there has been constant rattles from the dash.. My rims are peeling. Piston slap. Vibration in steering shaft. More rattles. I like the trucks interior but I think I got a lemon

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 in WA is:

$164 per month*