2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews 3

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
'09 Sierra Ext 5.3L Stealth Gray
By Eric Henson on 09/02/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The dealership was great in selling me what I wanted. I looked at Dodge, Ford and Toyota and I kept going back to the Sierra. I love this truck for the look and the price.

High Speed Vibration
By nice shakey ride on 08/28/09 13:26 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this o9 after the deals made it to good not to get rid of 05 Right from beginning i have had a vibration from rear of truck at 70 mph and up the dealership tried swapping tires with brand new truck same tires same result GM has told the dealership what to check as they had and am now being told that i have to live with it I would like to hear from anyone that has had similar problem Truck only has 2000 miles on it something isn't right

What a ride!
By JIm Martin on 07/31/09 09:46 AM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a 03 Silverado on this truck I loved the silverado but this truck is wonderful, it's smooth as glass.I tow a boat and a camper with no problems.The interior is finally where it should be.

Like it
By BillyB on 07/18/09 16:02 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased the SLT Z71 with 5.3L, which replaced a 2007 SLE. Although not estatic with the last truck, I couldn't pass up the repeat-buyer rebates on the '09. The SLT interior is very comfortable and pleasing to the eyes, and it's worth the upgrade from the SLE. The BOSE sound system is very good. Truck rides and handles nicely. My only complaints are a constant squeaking in the driver side door panel area (which the dealer is trying to fix), 18" tires that collect and throw rocks causing the exterior paint to chip, and the soft paint.

Best of the Best
By Black Beauty on 05/31/09 23:51 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck to drive, handles soooooo good. The 20in wheels is a great option to have. the 5.3l v8 is so smooth. I looked at Ford, Toyota, Dodge and I kept going back to Gmc, I feel like I made a great choice.

LOVE MY TRUCK
By Joel on 05/02/09 15:06 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've had the truck just over a month and have 400 miles on it. It has the All-Terrain Pkg and the 5.3L engine. It is sooo much fun to drive. I love the Stealth Gray color. Gray when the sun goes down very metallic when the sun comes up. It has a great ride and a lot of toys to play with. Only one problem so far. I have the 18" chrome wheels. The spare is a 17". Oh well somebody goofed. Will have to get it changed out in the near future.

SLT-Z71 Nice Truck
By Jason on 04/08/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

I just bought this truck (slt, z71, 1500 crew cab) last week. The aesthetics are very nice in and out. Not quite as comfortable as my old truck, but I assume that will take some breaking in. It has lots of little extras (back up warning lights in the rear of the cab) which I am still finding out about. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the truck and highly recommend it.

first trip
By golfer on 03/05/09 18:02 PM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just returned from a 3000 mi trip with my new gmc. Great truck on the hi way with the 5.3 flex fuel engine and active fuel management. I could not tell when it shifted from 4 to 8 cylinders or back again, Plenty of passing power and plenty of storage room inside for luggage etc. On Star and Xm radio are amazing!