Used 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

GMC Sierra 4x4
By Jack

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my truck for a year now and have driven it in a wide combination of environments consisting of rain, sand, mud, snow, and ice. The truck has performed flawlessly. I enjoy driving this truck as much today as the day I bought it...I just love it! Reliability has been perfect. One thing that I'll highlight is truck's handling and surefoot nature in snow and on ice. The 4x4 autotrac system is second to none. I've been driving trucks for over 20 years and this truck is the best that I've ever driven. I've had the opportunity to drive all of the new truck releases and when I'm done driving the other trucks; I can only say that I look forward to getting back behind the wheel of my GMC.

AutoTrac, steering wheel controls, bluetooth, cargo management system, ergonomics, reliability, handling, comfort, and smooth running. Combined MPG = 18.6 at 20,471 miles.

Bigger glove compartment and overhead sunglass bin.

GMC Mistake
By Dave

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I wish I had never bought this truck. The brakes are noisy, keep having Cruise control malfunctions, heater only works driving down the road, heater even quits going around a corner. Back seat is a nuisance compared to the 05 gmc I had before. Fuel mileage stinks. I wish they had offered the buy back in 60 days when I purchased this one. Won't buy another one.

On Star wich I think is a great asset for anyone. Also like XM radio a lot.

Build something that is not junk to start with.

Love My GMC
By Johnnyz

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a my 2009 GMC Sierra Quad Cab Z71 4x4 with the 5.3L and SLE2 pkg. on January 2, 2009. I did have some issues with the brakes (high spots on rotors and drums) when first purchased but those have been resolved. The reason why I purchased the truck was to consolidate; traded in a S10 and Nissan Xterra for a 4 door pickup b/c twins were on the way. This is the first year of the 6 speed auto so it still needs some refinement. Love the gas mileage but can't wait until they put out a pickup with a smaller diesel engine. Handling and torque are excellent.

The ride is excellent for a truck. Towing, no problem. Towed 3 people out of snow banks like they were a piece of cotton. I love the front bench seat with the fold down center console.

Go back to disk brakes on the rear. Should put in an overhead console on every model with a place to put sunglasses. Watch out for the traction control; it can get you in trouble in the snow. Fix the hard transmission shifts, both up and down.

Beyond Excellent Truck
By B

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is amazing. I traded a great 2001 Silverado in and cannot believe the comfort of this truck and the ease of driving it. It's the quietest, smoothest, most comfortable truck ever. It's one amazing vehicle.

Comfort, power, driving, great features, smooth ride, everything that makes a vehicle great, this truck has. It has to be one of the best vehicles ever made. The controls on the steering wheel are awesome.

Fuel economy is a little less than expected, but still good for a vehicle of this size. I average between 19 and 20 mpg, depending on the way I drive. If it were driven strictly on a highway, it would exceed 20 mpg.

cant find better
By stuart green

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

i have shopped around in the last few weeks looking for a new truck and i cant find anything i like better than what i have at moment the gmc sierra

well i have black with 20 weels and a chrome box in the back and it makes it look awsome with the chrome bumpers to match

the seats could be more gripping