2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
New 09 Denali
By mpcross on 05/31/09 08:28 AM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Looks good,sounds good, 6.2,heated cooled seats,HD6spd.trans,HD self locking diff.,memory seat,adj. peddles all great.Does not sound tinny when closing doors. No squeaks. Peppy and quiet on rd. Handles well with factory added sway bars. Should have Caddy options of real wood,heat and cooled back seats and offer dual exhaust. Will write additional review at 10 an 20 thousand miles. Must say again in South, cooled seats #1. Added side steps,under seat cargo hldr,spray in bed liner,20" wheels,and nav systm,back up cam. Hads everthing but electric rear window(dealer said having prob. with motor) but would rather have deforster that is lost with electric window.Sunroof gives plenty air

First Truck, Great Choice
By Dale in WV on 04/29/09 12:51 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I sent three months looking at the various options. I came close to purchasing the Toyota Tundra. The 2009 GMC Sierra is golden. I have forgotten to turn it off when stopped at times becuase the engine is so quite. It rides like a luxury SUV. Functionality and features are great. Would like to have had the ITBC since it has the towing package. It handles a little bit looser than the Toyota but the power is the same or better. I went on some WV mountains on Route 50 and it pulled up just fine. It wanted to go a little too fast down the mountain so I downshifted instead of overusing my breaks which worked fine. I haven't towed my 8K trailer yet which should be the test.

no regrets
By peter on 04/21/09 15:04 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Get the 5.3L for sure! The six speed is great for 2009. However, adding a cold intake really helped with gear hunting at higher speeds,alltitude and hills. No problems except I had a creaking noise from the undeside since new. Turns out I needed a whole new drive shaft. Have over 8K on it now and dont regret a thing. More room than Japanese trucks espcially in head room department. Never feels underpowered. I did add ICON DYNAMICS coil overs/rear shocks and they make it handle amazingly with no ride loss. Get them, you wont regret it. They leveled out the front too!

Sweet-looking truck, but.......
By Adam on 04/07/09 09:59 AM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a SLT Crew cab 4wd with the all-terrain package. The finish on the truck is awesome, and the chrome with the silver birch color great. I've gotten many compliments. I've been impressed with the mpg of around 20.5, and this truck handles great. My only issue is that my starter went bad @1000 miles. I found myself stranded on my way to the beach. GMC did take care of me and fixed my truck, but I'm disappointed to have mechanical difficulties so soon. There are also not many parts available yet for this model. I hope this proves to be a dependable truck in the long run.

Great Truck !!
By zero051 on 02/02/09 12:08 PM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has done nothing but impress me I just picked up the 2009 sierra 4wd z71 crew cab short bed. This truck is like a luxury suv but is a work truck at the same time. Great power, awesome ride pretty good on gas im getting like 16 mpg right now. Beautiful looking truck, great lines. Very pleased overall.

So Pleased
By Kevin on 01/22/09 08:17 AM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I'm just pleased to death with my purchase. I got the SLE Crew Cab with the 5.3l ad Texas Edition pkg. I also got leather and all sorts of extras for $30k. Just looking at the truck is pleasing, it's gorgeous, I got the Stealth Grey Metallic with cashmere interior. I get comments all the time on it's color, even my wife says it's beautiful! I wasn't aware that the SLT had a different interior layout, but I do like the way mine looks. It could use some wood in the interior, but that's all I'd add. The small details are impressive. The fit and finish is amazing. The tactile feel of everything is amazing, the leathers, it's just quality through and through.

Love this truck
By ted on 01/09/09 17:33 PM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SL 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in my 2007 Duramax classic body for this truck. It is the best truck I have driven. It's fun to drive, great build quality. Great highway ride and good off road (but sits a little low) Handles ice and snow like dry pavement. I would recommend this to anybody loking for a change from the rough riding poor handling truck of a few years back.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew-cab in VA is:

$125 per month*