2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews 3

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
No Wonder Detroit is Going Bankrupt
By n/a on 05/04/10 21:50 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Uncomfortable sagging, squishy compressing narrow 40/20/40 seats. Hard downshift, narrow roof line, i bump the left side of my head often. I wish I had not bought this thing and was a GM FAN through and through. This will be my last piece of junk design, engineered, and sourced out by the idiots Detroit. I wonder how many of the reviews on this sight are by consumers, it looks they were mostly written by liars working GM

Clunks When You Stop
By George on 04/15/10 19:19 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Stop clunk noise, i can feel fuel moving around in the tank. My rights foot has gotten caught on the right side when pulling straight back from gas pedal. Ford's cab is much bigger and wider. Factory tires slip when taking off at light when it raining out. Seats won't recline all the way back, there's not light under the hood now do I check the oil when traveling at night. Tire pressure monitors quit giving proper reading after first tire rotation and the guy at Walmart it the cheap valve stems I have heard of other owners having the same problem. Fuel economy has not improved any over the last 20 years. Seat are not comfortable any more i guess they are only designed for 5,000 miles

Don't Waste Your Money
By Fred on 04/11/10 15:51 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Cab is too Skinny. Accelerator and brake pedal are too close together. Seats are too Skinny foam too soft compress's and hurts to sit on, after @ 3k-4k miles. Cab entrance is too low I Bumped my head getting in I am 6ft tall. Too Much Sun Glare windshield hard to clean on inside. Brake Noise. Wind Noise. Stump Clunk, not fixable by GM Tech's Fuel tank sloshes @ 3/4 to full tank. I can feel a thump from fuel sloshing. Cabin area is much smaller than Ford or Dodge. Seats are very uncomfortable after driving for awhile. Tires spin on wet pavement 500 lb in bed pulling loaded trailer. No lamp under hood hard to add washer fluid or check oil after dark. TPI do not give correct reading

Garbage Motors Crap
By Fred on 04/03/10 18:09 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Seats are made of cheap foam that compresses and is uncomfortable to sit on after 1k miles. I loved the first 1k miles and have hated it ever since. Fuel tank slosh when tank is 3/4 to full, you can hear it sloshing and and feel in banging from front to rear at a sudden stop. Accelerator and brake pedals are too close to together. Sole of right dress shoe get caught on right side by stupid piece of an ill conceived plastic cover. I am 6 ft & hit my head when entering in truck, roof line has been lowered too low, by inept idiots. Brake squeal at 5 and 15 mph. Trailer brake controller is low on left side of dash hard to reach and use. Stop Klunk noise. Dealers don't care.

GM Makes Great Trucks!
By Kevin on 03/23/10 22:14 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Was looking at Tacoma (don't need a big truck) extended cab & test drove one for the weekend, and I have to say the GMC blows it away for build quality, ergonomics, power, and gets nearly the same mileage. I guess the large size can be a minor inconvenience but the Sierra is so much better than any smaller truck, I opted for full size. Get the power folding side mirrors! Small things like touching the turn signal, and it blinks three times for easy lane changes, power seats for driver/passenger, options for interior lights, door locking, etc. The Sierra makes me believe GM really knows how to design & deliver a fantastic vehicle, which gives me confidence they'll be around a long time.

My GMC 4x4
By Rusty on 03/19/10 17:02 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving it but don't like the tires that it came with, no bite to the road really lousy traction, looks like just street tires anyway. Don't care for onstar and the satellite radio, always blanks out with the trees and some hills around here. Also the paint job is really thin, should be better with a good clear coat.

Huge Step up
By Milt in FL on 02/15/10 12:35 PM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I got this truck in July 09. It was a replacement for a 06 Lincoln Mark LT that was nothing but trouble. I said I'd never buy another ford so I went back to the GMC dealer(previous vehicle was an 03 avalanche). got the all terrain package, sunroof, 4X4, bluetooth, rear sliding window and rain sense wipers for less than a silverado! I had a lift on the LT and lifted the Sierra. Just drove it to NC from FL and got over 13 MPG with 6" lift! doing 75-80. 6spd tranny is a little clunky at times but I noticed it a lot less with the lift and it helps with gas mileage. Lincoln could never get over 9MPG. every brand has problems but GMC beats ford any day. pulled my bud's F250 out of the mud to

Hard Downshift
By E.Garcia on 01/25/10 04:23 AM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased by GMC in November, from the very beginning I noticed an uncomfortable ride. I called the dealership, they advice me to bring it in. I complained about the hard downshift and they took a test drive and said that they couldn't replicate the problem. But they did find that the tires were out of balance. It was dissappointing to find out that a new vehicle was not inspected properly from the factory for this. But the hard downshift still remains.

NICE TRUCK, but backwards parts!!!!
By kbuicker on 01/24/10 08:51 AM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck had a number of problems in the 9 months I owned it. By the time I traded it, I had recorded 17 records! Here are a couple problems I dealt with: When the truck idled while rolling, it sounded like there were pebbles in the wheels and a loud 'whistle.' Service said the truck had a bad alternator and replaced it; problem persisted. Later, they replaced the waterpump; Problem fixed. Later I noticed the truck would SLAM into gear when idling down the road... problem turned out to be a transmission part installed backwards! Wow! This may of triggered a recall? I traded the truck.

GMC Sierra 4x4
By Jack on 01/21/10 00:54 AM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my truck for a year now and have driven it in a wide combination of environments consisting of rain, sand, mud, snow, and ice. The truck has performed flawlessly. I enjoy driving this truck as much today as the day I bought it...I just love it! Reliability has been perfect. One thing that I'll highlight is truck's handling and surefoot nature in snow and on ice. The 4x4 autotrac system is second to none. I've been driving trucks for over 20 years and this truck is the best that I've ever driven. I've had the opportunity to drive all of the new truck releases and when I'm done driving the other trucks; I can only say that I look forward to getting back behind the wheel of my GMC.