Used 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 GMC Sierra 1500

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

i love my truck
By djgmc

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

today my truck reached 20,000 miles i bought it in august 2009 it is a great truck i never had a problem with it , it runs smoothly on the freeway the a/c is ice cold , everyone loves my truck still looks like new . the only bad thing is that gas is too expencive right now .

i like the everything from the exterior .

i wish it could save more gas.

Almost 2 years later still a great choice!
By fieldt

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Everything still works as advertised. I wish every decision worked so well.

I am getting more than the advertised gas mileage, how often can anyone say that? Well laid out instrument panel and controls make driving that much more comfortable.

Hey GM Designers Quit taking stupid pills
By takeabreak

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

GMC = Government Motors Crap!

WHere do I start, Fuel economy sucks, 2 mps less than rated, been checked out no mechanical reasons, not driver error I drive conservatively.

Vehicles, people and objects disappear behind the review mirror because of the lowered roof line, I cannot clean the windshield because of the sloped design.

Your seats suck, around a 1,000 miles the foam starting softer and I now feel like I am sinking in the seat, very uncomfortable, no left ffo rest, so I am sliding around when braking.

Noisey peace of crap, stop klunks, bumps and thumps, hard downshifts.

Less head room, right edge of right foot gets caught on plastic shield next to accelerator. Objects/vehicle disappering behind review mirror when cornering. 2 feet of wasted dash board depth, because sloped windshield. less shoulder room than my 1989 Sierra, cheaper seats crap seat than the 89, less head room, less shoulder. worse fuel economy

read the above after you quit taking stupid pills, [violative content deleted].

Great Truck
By pyusmc66

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck 12/30/09 with many incentives, but you are never going to beat a dealer on a negotiation. Got a fair price. Disabled Vietnam Veteran who uses this truck primarily for towing a fishing boat and around the home hauling. Extremely comfortable on my back. I love the Active Fuel Management which is very good at maximizing mileage with cruise. Also love all the bells and whistles bluetooth, onstar, sound system, quiet interior, mp3 etc. Have been very happy with the drivetrain even though the 6 speed auto became available on this model in 2010. Would absolutely recommend this truck to anyone and love buying American and glad GM is doing better.

Z71 4X4 very agile on snow and ice. That comes in handy in northern MN. AFM is great for mileage. Onstar, Sirius, Bluetooth and a great sound system. Comfortable, quiet cab make this truck seem more like an SUV than a truck.

I'm unable to come up with anything after 13,000 miles and 18 mos of ownership. Great truck.

So So
By CG

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My only real complaint with this truck is the power/acceleration. I have the 5.3L Crew Cab with 6-speed AT, and unless I just have a lemon, this truck is a dog when it comes to acceleration. I literally get passed by Honda civics and the like with ease. The transmission sometimes feels like it is going to break apart; there are loud clunking noises quite frequently. It seems like the truck drives differently each and every time that I turn it on. I love everything else about the truck, but I just can't get past the very poor performance of the engine/transmission. This is more than likely due to the limitations that GM puts on the engines/transmissions due to the long warranty period.

Exterior look; quiet and smooth ride; good gas economy

Get rid of the limitations on the transmission/engine! This truck is weaker than my previous 2000 Chevy extended cab with the same engine.