2009 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L V8 6-speed Automatic 5.8 ft. Bed Consumer Review - 2009 GMC Sierra Z71 Crew

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Review

2009 GMC Sierra Z71 Crew Cab 4x4
By OLY-JIM on

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

When I started shopping for a new truck I made a concerted effort to be objective. I drove them all. The trucks I test drove (in this order) were the Ford F-150, Nissan Titan, Dodge Ram, Chevy Silverado, Toyota Tundra, and GMC Sierra. I returned to test drive the the Ford and the Dodge. When it was all said and done; the GMC is the truck that stood out above all others. A combination of its appearance, comfort, features, and just the way the truck felt and drove simply overshadowed the other trucks. This truck has plenty of power, great ergonomics, and I like the features. The 6sp Auto and 5.3L are a pleasure to drive and run as smooth and quiet as I expect a truck to be. Solid Truck!

Favorite Features

6sp Auto with tow/haul and manual select, electronic shift 4x4, active fuel management, handling, Stering wheel controls, Bluetooth, Power pedals, Power heated/folding/auto dimming (driver side) side view mirros, reverse sensors, storage compartments, transmission temp guage, ONSTAR and XM, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see the following added to this vehicle: A pull handle on the driver side A-pillar and an overhead sunglass compartment.