2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
GMC Mistake
By Dave on 01/07/10 15:10 PM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I wish I had never bought this truck. The brakes are noisy, keep having Cruise control malfunctions, heater only works driving down the road, heater even quits going around a corner. Back seat is a nuisance compared to the 05 gmc I had before. Fuel mileage stinks. I wish they had offered the buy back in 60 days when I purchased this one. Won't buy another one.

Love My GMC
By Johnnyz on 01/01/10 06:14 AM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a my 2009 GMC Sierra Quad Cab Z71 4x4 with the 5.3L and SLE2 pkg. on January 2, 2009. I did have some issues with the brakes (high spots on rotors and drums) when first purchased but those have been resolved. The reason why I purchased the truck was to consolidate; traded in a S10 and Nissan Xterra for a 4 door pickup b/c twins were on the way. This is the first year of the 6 speed auto so it still needs some refinement. Love the gas mileage but can't wait until they put out a pickup with a smaller diesel engine. Handling and torque are excellent.

Beyond Excellent Truck
By B on 11/02/09 19:47 PM (PST)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is amazing. I traded a great 2001 Silverado in and cannot believe the comfort of this truck and the ease of driving it. It's the quietest, smoothest, most comfortable truck ever. It's one amazing vehicle.

cant find better
By stuart green on 10/19/09 17:42 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

i have shopped around in the last few weeks looking for a new truck and i cant find anything i like better than what i have at moment the gmc sierra

Truck
By josh on 08/14/09 21:10 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab AWD 5.8 ft. SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Since I got the truck there has been constant rattles from the dash.. My rims are peeling. Piston slap. Vibration in steering shaft. More rattles. I like the trucks interior but I think I got a lemon

2009 GMC Sierra Z71 Crew Cab 4x4
By OLY-JIM on 07/10/09 09:15 AM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

When I started shopping for a new truck I made a concerted effort to be objective. I drove them all. The trucks I test drove (in this order) were the Ford F-150, Nissan Titan, Dodge Ram, Chevy Silverado, Toyota Tundra, and GMC Sierra. I returned to test drive the the Ford and the Dodge. When it was all said and done; the GMC is the truck that stood out above all others. A combination of its appearance, comfort, features, and just the way the truck felt and drove simply overshadowed the other trucks. This truck has plenty of power, great ergonomics, and I like the features. The 6sp Auto and 5.3L are a pleasure to drive and run as smooth and quiet as I expect a truck to be. Solid Truck!

GMC # 5 in 8 years
By Guy in Texas on 07/09/09 15:19 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have 1400 miles on my new truck. Love it. The 5.3 w/6A is a super combo. Using the electo/manual shift button, you can chirp the (18" chrome clad) tires in 2nd gear (it hits quick!). Just traded a 2008 GMC 5.3 w/4A. 3 reasons why I traded/upgraded so quick: 1) Cloth seats collected lint, 2) Slow (20" wls) 3)Fantastic trade-in value on the 08. I have no trouble getting 20mpg highway at 75mph. If you drive it like you stole it, you can't get much worse than 15! Easily 10% better than my 08. The leather seats are great for long trips. Deep floor mats, nice touch. Added Retrax bed cover, black nerf bars & black wheel well liners for the rear wheels. Looks good with white paint.

This Truck Is A Winner
By Clinton on 07/05/09 12:08 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I traded a 1997 Sierra with 215,000 miles for an 2009 Sierra 4WD Z-71 crew cab after a search of every make out there. I should have went straight to the GMC dealer as I have not been disappointed. This truck rides/handles like a car, gets great mileage (avg 17.1 in mixed driving) and is loaded for comfort. I have had two issues addressed by dealer, rubbing noise on drivers door and rattle in drivers seat belt system. Both fixed on first visit. This is not the least expensive truck out there, but the looks, fit, finish and quality makes it a winner.

2009 CC SLT 5.3L Flex Fuel
By Colorado on 07/01/09 06:54 AM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Get the 5.3L with the six-speed automatic. Averaging 20 MPG over first 2,000 miles 85%/15% Hwy/City driving. 20 inch wheels (rims are ugly) make for very smooth ride. Engine is very quiet with good power and shifts are very smooth. Quiet interior is a plus, and the leather seats are comfortable. Plenty of power to pass without sacrificing economy. Use the manual shift overrride function to control downhill speeds. Wife likes the 6-way seats and adjustable pedals with the memory function for seat/mirrors.

Texas Truck
By Sam on 05/31/09 21:01 PM (PDT)

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

First new pickup in many years, always had a used one around, but primary vehicle has been SUV's until now. This truck has the Z71 off road pkg and the towing pkg that includes the 5.3L/6A upgrade. Overall, the ride is good but the seats are not very comfortable for long rides. Iyt seems to have good power even towing a heavy load. Fuel economy could be better, but I only have 4500 miles on it so that might improve some. I average 15 mpg with 17 being my best highway trip so far. On the down side, it has a light rattle in the A/C vent that I cant pinpoint, but varies with fan speed and the rock chip protectors on the fenders are peeling off. But overall, it seems to be a good vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew-cab in VA is:

$125 per month*