Used 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Most Helpful|
2009 Sierra
By Cliff

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Iíve had the truck for just about one month. At one month, every other vehicle that Iíve owned has had at least one little problem or there was at least one little thing about it that I didnít like. I havenít had any problems nor have I found any thing I donít like with the Sierra. It is comfortable and fun to drive. I did a mileage check that came out at 19 MPG. I drive 70% highway and 30% city. At highway speed (60MPH), it is so quiet that I donít need to turn up the stereo. The average load in the bed is 500 to 700 pounds and with that load the truck handles very well.

Favorite Features

The cruise control and headlight systems are great. The basic radio interior and finish are very good.

My 1st GMC truck
By keven johnson

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great sporty truck. It may be a Plain Jane work truck but that allowed me to personalize it. I love this truck!! It is QUIET (with the windows up), comfortable and BIG. The 4 speed auto. transmission with the 4.3 V-6 tends to hunt for a gear during cruse control. But as long as you are over 75 MPH it works well. Just keep your foot in it when the cruise is off. My mileage is a constant 18 MPG no matter how hard or easy I drive it.

Favorite Features

Acceleration. That 4.3 V-6 is small for a truck this size but the 4 speed auto transmission makes up for it. I love the XM radio and phone.

Suggested Improvements

Drop the V-6, go with a smaller V-8. Or match the V-6 with the 6 speed auto transmission.

Pontiac's Worst Yet
By Moron Motors

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab SLE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

What can I say? Everything about the truck disappointing from the noisy driveline, to the thumps & plunks, sloshing fuel tank the crappy cheap foam seats to the idiots at the dealerships who stand there and give you stupid looks like you actually expect them to be able to fix these problems.

Favorite Features

Nothing anymore I am so disgusted with the US brand I will not buy another.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to making trucks not noisy uncomfortable thumping, bumping sloshing midget mobiles

Best Truck in the world
By njoosse

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab SLE 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I saw a lot of negative reviews on here and wanted to set the record straight. We've had the 09 Sierra since new, and it now has 177,000miles on it. These have been hard miles, mostly pulling trailers, this is strictly a work truck, sometimes it pulls in excess of 10,000lbs (twice what it is rated for). In its lifetime we have changed the front brake pads once (still has original rotors) we have changed the tires a few times and the oil about every 10,000miles. Everything else is original, rear brakes, tranny fluid, air filter. Truck runs and drives like new! No rattles or squeaks, we've had over 30 work trucks, never had one this tough and dependable. Very good on fuel as well.

Favorite Features

Overall dependability, comfort, driving position, fuel efficiency.

Suggested Improvements

I really can't think of anything.